New Stove, but what pellets?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Entburner

Nov 28, 2010
Olympia/ Tacoma WA
I'm assuming I'll observe the difference between pellets once I start burning in the new stove (tomorrow). But in the meantime, I have to get some to start with. Is Cleanfire a decent brand? I don't even know were to begin.

I tried to help the new to pellet burners with some test sampling. They may not burn exactly like they did for me in your stove But you can get a feel for whats out there.

The first thing is now that we are in the cold season. Is the good pellet throws more heat at you. They let you keep the stove in the medium heat settings and save a bit of wear on your stove too! Running the stove flat out with a pellet that throws less heat is tough on the stove if done in long periods.

Take a look at some of the pellets I tried. Hope you get something useful from them.

Ultimate test

Bigbox brands

2010 pellet tests

Pellet testing is one of my hobby's! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.