New Stove Models

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tsmith

Minister of Fire
Sep 13, 2009
Kutztown, PA
I was just checking out the stove manufacturers sites and I see St. Croix has a new model called the Element. I assume it replaces the Lancaster, as it looks similar. Does anyone know of any other new models for this coming season?

Reactions: whitetailscout
I was just checking out the stove manufacturers sites and I see St. Croix has a new model called the Element. I assume it replaces the Lancaster, as it looks similar. Does anyone know of any other new models for this coming season?
Yeah, the Element is the old Pepin, looks like a Lancaster but had the versa grate burnpot and an igniter.

Hearthstone has the Manchester (very nice looking)

Lopi is rumored to have something replacing the Yankee Bay, but I do not know what that may be. Do you?

Jamestown has some new leadership for the US division and should become more of a contender. The J2000 is a nice looking stove with all of the chrome bling

MCZ (Whittus) has the Toba which looks like a huge iPhone

Regency has the GC60 which an Enviro M55 is disguise

Hudson River will be introducing a new model which is an Enviro Empress clone so I have heard

Woodpecker, the Irish pellet boiler maker is now UL listed and being marketed in the US under the Webiomass, yeah, that's the banner ad all over hearth that looks like a woman's cleavage with a fire burning in the middle

Gotta run...kids are calling, there is more....

Reactions: DexterDay
If I can put a shameless plug we are also introducing 2 models this year: The Enerzone Eurostar and the Osburn 5000. We dont have them on the web site right now since we are currently updating the sites. They are both 50,000 BTU and twin auger bottom feeders. It's about the quietest stove I ever heard.

But since i have to fix our stuff and my background is tech repair I can say this. 1) not a big fan of pellets myself 2) whenever I fix stuff I want it to be easy to take it apart, clean and not leave with bloody knuckles trying to reach for components and screws.

Our engineering guys have outdone themselves. Every components except the auger motors are on a quick clip systems. Which means I can remove the exhaust blower in 30 seconds and leave the pipe on the stove! I can strip the guts of all the major components in about 5 minutes. It's a thing of beauty... makes a repairman wanna cry...

The electronic display is colour & 'touch' (ie like an Iphone). You know when the customer tells you they have an intermittent squeal? with this unit I can turn on any components individually to see if they work or if they are noisy. It tells me in real time my flue temp, status of all my switches, wall voltage, polarity, hertz, how long each components has been working etc...

I will be at an open house this week and maybe I'll post a video of me stripping the unit down.

Fyrebug, is this Open house in the U.S? Or in your locale Canada?

When will they be at local Dealers (Youngstown Propane ;))?

Sounds like they have some nice features. Are they steel plate or cast? Do they incorporate the dual blower for combustion, like the Euromax (combustion blower and exhaust blower?)?

Fyrebug, is this Open house in the U.S? Or in your locale Canada?

When will they be at local Dealers (Youngstown Propane ;))?

Sounds like they have some nice features. Are they steel plate or cast? Do they incorporate the dual blower for combustion, like the Euromax (combustion blower and exhaust blower?)?

This is a Distributor Open house for dealers only South of Buffalo.

Youngstown/Canfield (OH) area is not a strong pellet area. Therefore you wont have as many dealers enthused about keeping many models on the floor like those in the New England area. I think Richie at Youngstown Propane still has a Euromax on the floor but he's not ordered the new one yet.

Enerzone EuroStar has a lot of cast with side panel inserts (black, beige or red). While Osburn 5000 is plate steel. They use one blower for combustion and one for exhaust. The system is not pressurized, you can open the door and it barely affects the flame. We designed it and test it with the worst pellets we can find (typically 'industrial grade' and Bark pellets) so as to feel confident it will perform with anything available out there.

Something else we did with these models we never did before and we will adopt for any new pellet stove models: We produced 50 units last year and gave it to 50 dealers to install in actual house installation (not showrooms). We wanted them to have bad installations, use poor fuel etc.. and they had to return a report once a month and a follow up interview with the engineers. This has proven to be a good thing for everyone. The dealers feel comfortable after one season the unit will perform. We worked out most of the first year jitters (not to say there wont be some minor things). With the input of the users & dealers we've improved the product considerably and also made some aesthetics change to the units.

look like interesting stoves. I like that you can run the auger to empty it of pellets at the end of the season. Bottom feeder like the Harmans. Built in diagnostics. Keep us informed. Any idea on price?

look like interesting stoves. I like that you can run the auger to empty it of pellets at the end of the season. Bottom feeder like the Harmans. Built in diagnostics. Keep us informed. Any idea on price?
They are fairly expensive... in the $4,200 range (yes I know). Keep in mind our target market wasnt the big box store. We also have put the quietest components we could find on the market (by extension more expensive) so that we have one of the quietest unit on the markets. That plus the development of new electronics/software is keeping the price up.

However, we are in the pellet business to stay and the best way to build our reputation is to build rock-solid units with features no one else has. If it means we will sell less units because of the initial cost... so be it!

Reactions: Eatonpcat
I also like the fact that you seem to have total control over how the unit burns. Hopefully we can get a report sometime this season from someone who has one.

This is what our new pellet stove looks like... Untitled.png

They're really modern looking as opposed to the usual stove-like look. It seems like manufacturers are going for stoves that blend in with the furniture nowadays.

Looks like a pellet stove made out of a mini refrigerator to me! Not my style, but it sounds like you guys have a good company that is trying to make quality stoves.

Ok, how many people did a search on Webiomass just to see their logo?
Be honest here.....

I don't mind the look, it's clean and minimal, but at $4200 it is going to take a lot of pellets to amortize this thing. Hope it can go decade without repair.

Hello everyone just came back from a Distributor open house in upstate NY.

So I took a few videos of our new pellet stove and posted it on YouTube. Let me know what you think.

First of all, after watching this you’ll all be wondering “has Bert ever performed for the Chippendales?”. The answer is ‘no’, but I can see why this is an easy assumption to make...

Yeah, Burt, from talking with you on the phone, for whatever reason, and I do not know why, but I pictured you with Bowie-like hair to match that accent of yours...:p

Good little stove. Does the control have WI-FI capabilities? Good lookin stove, not sure if it garners over 4k...perhaps. Price isn't everything. What is the emissions rating?

The picture you posted above in the thread shows the doors with hinge right but your demo shows hinge left, are they swappable or did your marketing team flip the pic horizontal?

Status
Not open for further replies.