New to forum/chimney liner sources.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Qvist

Burning Hunk
Mar 5, 2019
Eastern Panhandle WV
Hello, I'm new to hearth forums. I'm looking for recommendations on flexible chimney liners. What makes a good liner? Where do you find them? I need to install a flexible, insulated liner in an unlined block chimney.

Hello, I'm new to hearth forums. I'm looking for recommendations on flexible chimney liners. What makes a good liner? Where do you find them? I need to install a flexible, insulated liner in an unlined block chimney.
For wood stoves i prefer heavy wall or midweight liners. And always insulate. You can get preinsulated or wrap the insulation yourself. Regular corregated lightwall will work but wont hold up as long as the heavier liners. Stay away from the 2ply smoothwall stuff

So a heavy corrugated liner is the way to go? What are the disadvantages of smoothwall. I assumed it was better?
Heavy wall and midweight are smooth wall and very durable. The 2 ply stuff has lots of durability issues due to its construction