New to pellet stoves. Frustrated.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

MNelson

Dec 27, 2018
Scobey, Montana
So I recently moved from SW Arizona to Eastern Montana for work and I’m having to learn on the fly about pellet stoves. I’ve been trolling this board for several days and studying the users manual and I’ve got a issue I can’t crack. Forgive my ignorance.
My stove is a Dell-Point Europa 75. I understand the company is out of business and production has been taken over by an outfit in Canada.
Two days ago the stove went out over night and gave me an error for lack of fuel. I relit it and it went out almost immediately. Turns out the feed auger stopped feeding fuel for some reason. I replaced the .5 amp fuse for the motor this morning. The F5 error message went away but now it’s in cool down mode and I can’t try re lighting it.
Can somebody give me some pointers on how to test the motor and remove/replace it?
Thanks,
Marshall

So I recently moved from SW Arizona to Eastern Montana for work and I’m having to learn on the fly about pellet stoves. I’ve been trolling this board for several days and studying the users manual and I’ve got a issue I can’t crack. Forgive my ignorance.
My stove is a Dell-Point Europa 75. I understand the company is out of business and production has been taken over by an outfit in Canada.
Two days ago the stove went out over night and gave me an error for lack of fuel. I relit it and it went out almost immediately. Turns out the feed auger stopped feeding fuel for some reason. I replaced the .5 amp fuse for the motor this morning. The F5 error message went away but now it’s in cool down mode and I can’t try re lighting it.
Can somebody give me some pointers on how to test the motor and remove/replace it?
Thanks,
Marshall
Try unplugging you stove for awhile, sometimes that helps clear residual electronic fuzz. If your control board is easily accessible and removable try pulling that out as well and let it sit for a while , after you unplug it,

Reactions: johneh
Try unplugging you stove for awhile, sometimes that helps clear residual electronic fuzz. If your control board is easily accessible and removable try pulling that out as well and let it sit for a while , after you unplug it,

X2

I was totally agreeing with what you said so I guess you don't like it
So then I don't do CHIT

Wow,a Dell point in montana.Well,that is a bad stove to learn on.Some simple things clean out hopper and auger,see if auger is getting jammed from fines.Make sure the auger wire are not rubbed through anywhere,shorting it out.They are known to wear out auger motors,which sometimes also ruins the control board.

When the fuel runs out you need to do a cold start (one that re fills the auger tube)...on my stove (PP130) you turn the comfort dial to max from off two times...maybe the same for you as well!

If my stove runs out of pellets, it takes a while for more pellets to make their way up the auger. I find that putting a handful of pellets in the burn pot before turning the stove back on lets the stove re-light sooner and the ignitor doesn't have to stay on for as long.