new to pellot stoves

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

joe C.

Jan 8, 2015
southern Indiana
Hi everyone! My name is Joe and I purchased a Harman P68 in October of 2014 and I love it. my wife and I have 4 kids all under 8 years old. This is our first winter in a new (to us) house. The house is 2800sq ft and two floors. The stairs case is in the middle of the house and we have 10' ceilings. By the main beam in the cellar, it looks like the house was built around the turn of the century (1900s), so it's pretty drafty around here. The stove does great and will just about burn you out of the room when it's 30° outside. The past couple days it has gotten down to the single digits. I cranked the stove all the way up to 90° and feed rate of 6 and its doing ok so far. I thought it would get hotter than it is but I guess not.

Anyway. I figured I would say hi and give y'all the run down on me and my family.

Welcome to the forum Joe ... we like pics==c The Harman folks will be happy there is a new member...

Sounds like the first "to do" on the list is insulation and sealing things up the best you can! Did you install an OAK (outside air kit) on the Harman? If not, might want to consider one as it helps cut down the drafty feel.

Hi Lake girl. Thanks for the reply.

I'll get some pics as soon as the room is clean. Lol.

We have been isolating and calking windows like crazy around here. Next is all the outlets. insulation

Status
Not open for further replies.