New to site, have ? About garn vs. econoburn

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

R. Snyder

Mar 7, 2014
South Bend, IN
Greetings to all. Excellent info on this site, I have learned much about indoor boilers and have narrowed my list down to either a Garn 2000 or a Econoburn 300 with storage ( 1000 to 2000 gal.) We farm in northern Indiana and I need to heat an older insulated barn about 8000 sq. ft that we keep produce in over the winter months so we maintain a temp. of approx. 40 F. Also, a 1500 sq. ft pole barn shop, insulated. The large building is currently heated with a large wood burning stove that we fabricated about 35 yrs. ago. Two circulating fans move the air around the interior. The shop has a 125K btu propane unit heater. The boiler will be housed in the large building and the shop will be supplied with undergroud pex. I assume that I am looking at using water to air heat exchangers with fans. The Garn seems to be the simplest to install, 2 zones. The Econoburn with pressurized storage seems to be much more involved with the additional plumbing, mixing valves, etc. Are the benefits of the pressurized storage system partical for my very utilitarian needs? Also, if there are any Garn or Econoburn owners in north central IN or southwest MI I would love to see some units in action. I looked forward to any input any of you might care to offer.
R

Welcome to the Forum....can't go wrong with either brand....i am a little more partial to Garn however....

I've been trying to get in touch with you via the e-mail that you sent to Garn but all my messages bounce back.
Please feel free to call me at any sane hour of the day at 231-920-4808.

Steve

Reactions: flyingcow
Thanks for the call Richard. Good to finally touch base with you and looking forward to a nice drive down to Indiana next week.

In my opinion the Garn is the ideal setup although I have an eko that I am happy with. Based upon his posts over the years, heaterman knows what he's doing so you're in good shape there.

Status
Not open for further replies.