New Toy For New Forum

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cptoneleg

Minister of Fire
Jul 17, 2010
Virginia
Got a new Toy for going up in the Mtns. to get Wood. A 4-Wheeler , every time someone posted a picture of one made me want one even more.

Took off today and found a dead Chestnut Oak c/s right on the spot and brought home and stacked in my Oak stack to be used in 4 or 5 years from now, and yes I am that far ahead. SDC10421.JPG

I hope you have a lot of room to stack because you're going to be pulling wood from everywhere now! ==c

I like the bars around the racks. I need to figure out something on mine.

Nice... I got my 1st ATV at the age of 5. Have had one since (along with ATC's, Dirtbikes, Snowmobiles, Etc).

One of the most useful tools and can be used for numerous other taks around the house.

Congratulations on the purchase...

I like the bars around the racks. I need to figure out something on mine.
I just put cardboard on the racks and use rubber bungies of varying length for saws, axes, pruners etc. The chainsaw stuff, plastic wedges etc, is in a plastic dishpan with a bungy holding it down. Fuel and oil hang from short bungies off the front of the rear rack, behind my feet.

Nice... I got my 1st ATV at the age of 5. Have had one since (along with ATC's, Dirtbikes, Snowmobiles, Etc).

One of the most useful tools and can be used for numerous other taks around the house.

Thanks got my 1st at the age of 63, and love it so far, looking for snow blade, and other attatchements:) They didn't make them when I was 5.

I made a wooden box that all of my stuff fits in and bungee it to the racks, if I want to I can just remove the box.

I just put cardboard on the racks and use rubber bungies of varying length for saws, axes, pruners etc. The chainsaw stuff, plastic wedges etc, is in a plastic dishpan with a bungy holding it down. Fuel and oil hang from short bungies off the front of the rear rack, behind my feet.

I'm thinking more of a box or basket...that way I don't have to deal with the bungies. I'm not a patient enough....

Congratulations. We use our ATV for everything. If you look at snow blades, I would recommend the state plow from cycle country as it really throws the snow up and off the drive. I plow a 950ft. driveway with our Polaris 450. Try not to pull to much in high gear as you will fry the belt, don't ask me how I know.

That was like 10 years ago already. ;)

I've had quads for years, dedicated to play only. Tractor gets the call for work.

It was the 1st small 4 wheeler Honda made (think it was an 86 model) Little 70cc beast.. I tore that thing up. By 15 was ripping on a New Yamaha Banshee (96) and the first yr aluminum frame CR 125 (98).

Yep.. Im a yougin and still rip it up....

Sweet quad, it makes wood gettin' easier and more fun. Funny thing is, as I sit here writing this, I'm waiting on the previous owner of a smaller quad I just purchased for the wifey. Be well.

It was the 1st small 4 wheeler Honda made (think it was an 86 model) Little 70cc beast.. I tore that thing up. By 15 was ripping on a New Yamaha Banshee (96) and the first yr aluminum frame CR 125 (98).

Yep.. Im a yougin and still rip it up....
Always utes here, but now I finally got me a sport ute.
Can run with the sportys and still hit the holes when needed.05-02-09.jpg122521.jpg

Reactions: DexterDay
Got a new Toy for going up in the Mtns. to get Wood. A 4-Wheeler , every time someone posted a picture of one made me want one even more.

Took off today and found a dead Chestnut Oak c/s right on the spot and brought home and stacked in my Oak stack to be used in 4 or 5 years from now, and yes I am that far ahead.

Nice!

On that trailer, the only problem is the tires. They are narrow and if you are hauling wood in the winter or spring and it is thawing they really tear up the lanes because they sink in so much. WE had a neighbor come in this winter and that is what he had. Now I have to level all the lanes where he was hauling wood out.

Gee, when I was 5 these things weren't even thought about nor were snow machines.

Reactions: tfdchief
nice quad and stacks of wood

Took off today and found a dead Chestnut Oak c/s right on the spot and brought home and stacked in my Oak stack to be used in 4 or 5 years from now, and yes I am that far ahead.

Your going to love it, ours has been a huge help.
zap

Just be careful and respect them, They can hurt you!

Yes they can... Broken both shoulders, collar bone, and messed up my hip and my knee. Along with a concussion that left me with amnesia for about a day (forum member barnyard840x was there, this was about 12 yrs ago).

Respect the bike. I dont ride dirtbikes anymore. Stay on 4 wheels and just "cruise" and watch my Son.

Yes they can... Broken both shoulders, collar bone, and messed up my hip and my knee. Along with a concussion that left me with amnesia for about a day (forum member barnyard840x was there, this was about 12 yrs ago).

Respect the bike. I dont ride dirtbikes anymore. Stay on 4 wheels and just "cruise" and watch my Son.
Good, but still be careful and don't let your guard down. Last June when I destroyed 3 vertebrae, I was on a leisurely ride with my son and grandson and got complacent.

Here are a couple pics..

The Pic with the Dirtbikes (2) I am on the left and my Son stepped upm from the Suzuki to a Typhoon 125cc. I have sold the Bike (Kaw KXF 250/four stroke), the other bike is Forum member Barnyard840x (Kaw 250F also). Then pics of my Big Bore 440EX (Fully Mod'd)

Attachments

• scotty2.jpg
    scotty2.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 187
  • scotty3.jpg
    scotty3.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 192
  • scotty4.jpg
    scotty4.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 170
  • Riding Pics.jpg
    Riding Pics.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 184
Here are a couple pics..

The Pic with the Dirtbikes (2) I am on the left and my Son stepped upm from the Suzuki to a Typhoon 125cc. I have sold the Bike (Kaw KXF 250/four stroke), the other bike is Forum member Barnyard840x (Kaw 250F also). Then pics of my Big Bore 440EX (Fully Mod'd)
Nice looking machines. Looks like a lot of great fun. Here is a pic of my new, "safer" "old man" machine.:) Pro Armor Drs3 edit.jpg
And some first ride pics. grandson riding with me.
Me Trent first ride.jpg Down the hill Badlands.jpg RZR's at Badlands.jpg

Nice looking machines. Looks like a lot of great fun. Here is a pic of my new, "safer" "old man" machine.:) View attachment 63828
And some first ride pics. grandson riding with me.

A Razr is No Old Man machine... It can act like one. But that is a Sport machine at heart.. _g

They are Tons of fun and I am looking into getting rid of my Honda 440 EX and my Rancher 350 4x4 and getting one..

I am of the younger generation here, but I have broken enough to know that I need to slow down. I know its time to throw in the towel. That and Its a much better Firewood getter than either of my machines. :)

A Razr is No Old Man machine... It can act like one. But that is a Sport machine at heart.. _g

They are Tons of fun and I am looking into getting rid of my Honda 440 EX and my Rancher 350 4x4 and getting one..

I am of the younger generation here, but I have broken enough to know that I need to slow down. I know its time to throw in the towel. That and Its a much better Firewood getter than either of my machines. :)
I traded my Honda Rancher 4x4 420, the beast that hurt me for the RZR 800. My son did the same as you can see in the pics. We really like them. And you are right, they are a sport machine if you want them to be. Plenty of power and traction and very trail capable. We use them to haul our equipment and trailer to haul wood. They are work horses. The sportier 800 S and 900 XP aren't very trail worthy......they are too wide. All depends on what you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.