New usage for old radiator's ???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mainely Saws

Feeling the Heat
Jan 11, 2010
Topsham , Me.
I ve got a number of old hot water radiator’s of various sizes & was looking for a way to put them to good use . I heat with wood & gas forced hot air but I was wondering if they might be used in a batch solar water heater . They are heavy so that’s kind of a drawback , any ideas ?????

Mainely Saws said:
I ve got a number of old hot water radiator’s of various sizes & was looking for a way to put them to good use . I heat with wood & gas forced hot air but I was wondering if they might be used in a batch solar water heater . They are heavy so that’s kind of a drawback , any ideas ?????

You could place one behind the wood stove or near a hot air register and use it to temper cold water on its way to the cold side of your hot water heater.

[Not compatible with fresh supply of oxygenated water. See below.]

ewdudley said:
Mainely Saws said:

You could place one behind the wood stove or near a hot air register and use it to temper cold water on its way to the cold side of your hot water heater.

Nice idea and concept but I think that your water probably would get rusty .

Status
Not open for further replies.