New woodstove install with old wood stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

OldJotul

Jan 30, 2021
Central VA
This has probably been asked before so apologies for a duplicate thread. I bought a very old Jotul #8 wood stove made in 1984. We are installing it in the corner of the kitchen diagonally. My questions are it is a 7" pipe can I convert this to 6 or 8? Also my space is tight with double insulated pipe can I go as little as 6" from the drywall? Also I have spent hours on looking at various pipe brands etc. Is there one better than the other and also where is a place to get pipe that is reasonable. This is a through the wall brand new install with about 14 feet of exterior pipe. Please feel free to direct to your favorite ones! And thank you very much for any help you can give us.
Tomorrow is a snow day here and I wish my woodstove was already installed ):

The Jotul 8 took 6" stovepipe. There are several good brands. For a quality chimney get double-wall insulated, not triple wall.

Thank you for your reply but sadly it is 7 inches not 6. So bearing that in mind can I convert it to 6" and does Duravent make one? I am running circles trying to find all the pieces I need. Seems like I will be cherry picking the parts from different retailers. But from what I understand I cannot cross manufacturers. Also is Duravent the same parts as Simpson Duravent. I found a lot of what I need on Amazon but one says Simpson. Having said all of that without a pipe reducer by Duravent I assume I can't use Duravent.