Newbe question on an Allnighter Mini Moe

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gould1

Dec 5, 2010
Maine
Hello, I'm new here so please bear with me on my questions. I just aquired an Allnighter Mini Moe Stove from a friend and I'm having trouble getting it tunned in right. I'm hoping someone can help me. My last swood stove was a very non air tight camp stove that I used for years in my basement. I would run the damper open for more heat and completely closed for less. Pretty simple. This Allnighter is an airtight stove with an air intake in the bottom of the door. I am very nervous about closing the damper all the way and choking the air intake back to much in thoughts of choking the fire out. How should I be running damper and the air intake in conjunction together. Both fully closed for long burns, Damper slightly open and air closed, I'm just not sure. Thank You for any help anyone could provide.

Greetings and welcome. The stove will have to be run somewhat on feel because there is no fire view. The exact settings will vary with the wood type and the draft, which can be stronger when it is cold out then when the temp is mild. I don't like closing off the air controls too much until the wood is completely charcoaled and not outgassing. Close the air controls and flue damper in stages. Wide open to start, then once the fire is going well, close the pipe damper part way and air controls part way, maybe down to 1/4 open. You will have to find this point based on the wood and the draft. Look out at the flue cap, if no smoke, you are burning well. Then once the wood is coals, you may be able to close the air controls almost all the way, maybe close them tight then open one turn. You may be able to close the key damper further at this point too.

Status
Not open for further replies.