Newbie Harman stove-PC45 vs xxv

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wong123

Hi there, after some searching I was set on the eco 65 but now I sourced out a company who just bought out a local store supply of Harmans. I was offered the XXV for 2750 cash or the PC45 for 2400 cash... thoughts on which is a better stove?

thank you!

The pc45 of which we have two is easy to maintain and service. Will eat almost anything as its a true multifuel being able to fire with straight corn which at this moment is around 135/ ton here. That's a great price. Heard that BC is getting another pellet plant too. Other than the stoves ability to eat other fuels both stoves will serve well but one is easier on the eyes. I figured that using corn this year is like buying propain at 70 cents a gallon. Buying a couple tons of pellets this weekend for $210 that are a hard/soft blend. I would not delay on purchasing either stove as at that price wont be around long!

Status
Not open for further replies.