Newbie Intro

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

BurntOut

Jan 7, 2020
Wisconsin
Hello everyone, I have been reading for a couple months on this site and am finally ready to jump on in. I am new to burning wood as a heat source and have been trying to learn what I can from this site, Google, and YouTube. I have taken possession of and will be installing a Hearthstone Heritage 8021 in the next week or so. I know the people that have had this stove for years, and believe it or not it has only had a dozen fires or so. This stove is being given to us free as the previous owners simply do not use it.

My wife and I have built a hearth pad to specs for the proper R-value and have arranged to have a contractor install the chimney for us. I just wanted to say hello, and thank you in advance for the wealth of information being shared here.

Reactions: begreen
Welcome. The Heritage is a great looking stove. In order to see the best performance, you have probably read many times here that modern stoves need fully seasoned firewood. Do you have a good supply?

Congrats! Make sure you post your install as it comes along.

And no one can argue with free!