Newbie looking for best pellet stove opinions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
forget pellets .. go with wood .. one of the few energy sources not controlled by big business.
first it was propane shortage .. now pellets are in short supply

why trade one utility bill for another?

forget pellets .. go with wood .. one of the few energy sources not controlled by big business.

Everyone doesn't have access to land to cut wood. So back to buying again. Pellets are easy to find here wood is not right now. Also it is much more time consuming and some of us don't have the time. There are probably 100 other reasons but I don't have time to post them all right now.

Im sure most of us have done the wood stove... I'll stick with my pellet stove.
Amen. 40 years of cutting, splitting,stacking, hauling, bugs, dirt, chainsaw problems, chain sharpening, back problems, middle of the night reloading, wear and tear on trucks, No thanks unless all other options are gone, which could be TOMORROW!

Reactions: BGStG1aholic

The problem was I always had to be home to run the wood stove. Wife and kids didn't want to go near the thing. Pellet stove is much more user friendly. Anyone can push a button or add pellets... it's just like pouring cereal, I say :)

Amen. 40 years of cutting, splitting,stacking, hauling, bugs, dirt, chainsaw problems, chain sharpening, back problems, middle of the night reloading, wear and tear on trucks, No thanks unless all other options are gone, which could be TOMORROW!

HAHA I know. Good luck keeping your basement clean with wood. Especially since mines finished. Disaster.

Oh I did the wood stove thing first about 37 years ago. No thanks, went to coal in between then and now. On pellets now. Wood, cut stack, ants, as mentioned chain saw, splitting wedges, sledge hammers, storage.. I ran a saw blade up the back of my leg, took out some meat but left the flap of skin to lay back down over the swath it took out. Still have the scar. Chimney fire finally ended that whole adventure. Not to mention cleaning the chimney is a bit more than brushing out the pellet vent. PITA wood is.

Reactions: tjnamtiw

Most wood isn't controlled by big business but it is becoming increasingly controlled by Big Brother!

Status
Not open for further replies.