Newbie Lurker, Blaze King information

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wrea3981

Dec 19, 2015
Western PA.
Hello all. I've been lurking for a short while and I think this time I may need a bit of help. I have owned a Blaze King KEJ-1101 in the past ten years, as it was left in the home I bought. Worked like a charm but I have since sold the house with the stove. I loved it so much that I found another and bought it. I never really researched parts and pieces since I never needed to, and the newbie that I am had no idea that parts were missing inside. Now I have my second KEJ-1101 and I noticed a few parts that were missing. The CAT is gone (which is available), the secondary air tubes that go from back to front on the top of the firebox, and the CAT heat shield screen. Now......I am a woodworker, a metal worker and welder..and making parts is no issue. I only need to know if the parts are available in the aftermarket, and maybe a few other tidbits to help me along. The secondary tubes are missing but the holes in the back of the firebox are sealed shut with a high temp filler of some sort. The cat heat shield can be made and the CAT can be bought. Is all of this necessary to run the stove safely? The guy I bought it from ran the stove for years as is, or so he said. Any help would be appreciated. Pics available if needed.

Reactions: Jonathan1130
Status
Not open for further replies.