Newbie Question: Coal bed builds up to fast

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rob From Wisconsin said:
I've got similar issues on our Tribute.
What I've found that works the best is to push all the coals to the far left side of the box,
and "bank" a new load of firewood N/S, tucked agaist the right side.
Doing it this way I can go for days before having to scoop out any ash,
and it burn the coals down to nothing.

Oh, wow. That's a great idea. I will definitely try that. The only problem being a sufficient supply of 8-inch wood...

Many thanks.

Sometimes I think we ought to start a "tiny firebox" forum since the dynamics seem to be so different from the larger ones.

gyrfalcon said:
Rob From Wisconsin said:
What I've found that works the best is to push all the coals to the far left side of the box,

Oh, wow. That's a great idea. I will definitely try that. The only problem being a sufficient supply of 8-inch wood...

Many thanks.

Sometimes I think we ought to start a "tiny firebox" forum since the dynamics seem to be so different from the larger ones.

That IS a cool idea. Will try it.

Ditto "Tiny Firebox Forum" = Insert Forum :cheese:

gyrfalcon said:
Rob From Wisconsin said:

Many thanks.

Fortunately I've cut a lot of this year's wood supply down to about that size.
Actually, I've also found that the "lincoln log" stack also works well when I load to that side too.

Go get yourself some Pine. Toss 2 splits on top of that bed of coals. You will reduce your coals and the amount of ash in your stove.
Bub

Bubbavh said:
Go get yourself some Pine. Toss 2 splits on top of that bed of coals. You will reduce your coals and the amount of ash in your stove.
Bub

Yep.

Status
Not open for further replies.