1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

"Next thread" button

Post in 'New Forum Hints and your Questions & Suggestions!' started by Soundchasm, Sep 7, 2013.

1. Soundchasm

Soundchasm Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Dayton, OH
    The forum is fine as-is, but a nice feature I see in a few other forums is the "next thread" button. In addition to be able to navigate to a forum's top level (the usual button choice), once I start reading in a forum with this feature, I can read all the threads simply by clicking "next thread".

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. webbie

webbie Seasoned Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Western Mass.
    We actually have that in the QA section because people tend to read through a bunch.

But I never figured that regular folks would plow through all regular threads one by one (instead, searching or seeing what catches their eye).

I will check into it.
    Soundchasm likes this.
  3. BrotherBart

BrotherBart Hearth.com LLC Mid-Atlantic Division Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    We had that on the old forum. Drove me nuts where it took me most of the time.
    Soundchasm likes this.
  4. Soundchasm

Soundchasm Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Dayton, OH
    This forum is mechanically sound and robust, and needs no help from me, so if I'm the only guy who wondered about it, better take my suggestions with a grain of salt. I generally read the wood shed posts for entertainment, and after I pick a few specific ones, I go back and read the ones I skipped over! So at least in my case I ought to have the smarts to just start at the top and work my way down.

I can see that it wouldn't have much bearing when you're looking for an extremely specific topic. Makes perfect sense.