Not open for further replies.
  1. Soundchasm

Soundchasm
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Sep 27, 2011
    Loc:
    Dayton, OH
    The forum is fine as-is, but a nice feature I see in a few other forums is the "next thread" button. In addition to be able to navigate to a forum's top level (the usual button choice), once I start reading in a forum with this feature, I can read all the threads simply by clicking "next thread".

2. webbie

webbie
    Seasoned Moderator 2.
    NULL

Staff Member

Nov 17, 2005
    Loc:
    Western Mass.
    We actually have that in the QA section because people tend to read through a bunch.

But I never figured that regular folks would plow through all regular threads one by one (instead, searching or seeing what catches their eye).

I will check into it.

Soundchasm likes this.
  3. BrotherBart

BrotherBart
    Hearth.com LLC Mid-Atlantic Division 2.
    NULL

Staff Member

Nov 18, 2005
    Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    We had that on the old forum. Drove me nuts where it took me most of the time.

Soundchasm likes this.
  4. Soundchasm

Soundchasm
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Sep 27, 2011
    Loc:
    Dayton, OH
    This forum is mechanically sound and robust, and needs no help from me, so if I'm the only guy who wondered about it, better take my suggestions with a grain of salt. I generally read the wood shed posts for entertainment, and after I pick a few specific ones, I go back and read the ones I skipped over! So at least in my case I ought to have the smarts to just start at the top and work my way down.

I can see that it wouldn't have much bearing when you're looking for an extremely specific topic. Makes perfect sense.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.