1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

No call light - what do I do?

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by caseyclan, Oct 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. caseyclan

caseyclan New Member

Loc:
    Missouri
    I have a Classic Bay 1200 insert which worked great last season. I tried firing it up this morning, but no red light - as if the thermostat wasn't "calling" for heat. The blue light was flashing and the blower was working each time the reset button was pushed, but no pellets - and no flame or heat. It does have the wireless thermostat on it, which seems to work from the handset. Should I change the batteries in it and try it again? The manual stated various items to check, one of which is snap disc #3 - how does one reset this? Thanks for any and all suggestions!

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. slls

slls Minister of Fire

Loc:
    central maine Lat 45
    Go to the thermostat connections on the stove, jumper across and the red light should come on. Remove the jumper and the red light should go out. If it does you have a thermostat problem.
  3. caseyclan

caseyclan New Member

Loc:
    Missouri
    Do I jumper across the 2 connectors where the thermostat wires are connected? Do I us any type of wire as a jumper? Thanks for the suggestion
  4. slls

slls Minister of Fire

Loc:
    central maine Lat 45
    Any wire will do, even a paper clip. This way it will run all the time, to stop the stove, remove the jumper.
  5. caseyclan

caseyclan New Member

Loc:
    Missouri
    Thanks - I will give it a shot!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.