No fan on low manual setting.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
If it were mine i would remove the lil black box, put a jumper on the thermostat connector and try running it. Just to make sure the box is not a contributor to an electronic hiccup.
black box meaning our clear control box? could you elaborate on where the therm connector is located thank you.

Try jumping the #2 snap disc, being careful not to ground the wires out on stove. You can also try unplugging stove, pull control box out and reseat it. Sometimes they can work loose just enough to cause issues. When stat calls for heat, is the red call light coming on? kap

Try jumping the #2 snap disc, being careful not to ground the wires out on stove. You can also try unplugging stove, pull control box out and reseat it. Sometimes they can work loose just enough to cause issues. When stat calls for heat, is the red call light coming on? kap
ok......ive unplugged stove and removed box each time ive messed with jumping the vac switch to see if the augers i have were junk. i push in the control box good. it has wiggled loose in the past. It could be really bad luck...or something got hot....the bearing? the auger rides on in the mounting hardware.....it kinda seized were you couldnt turn the auger by hand once it was out on my bench. i lubricated it....tested both augers..... both work like mentioned and got the auger shaft turning easier now. just info.......i know that doesnt solve my issue or they would of both turned this morning when i jumped the vaccum switch. ive never jumped the snap discs...... just take like a set of alligator clips and connect the two ends. ? thanks for the help everyone

I make a jumper wire with two spade conn ends. Makes for testing a lot easier. And just the #2 disc. And augers are hard to turn by hand anyway. kap

No i meant this black box
oh...the quadrafire therm. ya i dont even think we have that plugged in, just the stove. Even if it was...stoves been running fine for almost two weeks since i installed the new vac switch. I doubt thats it...but i will take your advice and make sure it unplugged.

i must have an odd ball sante fe. that black box attaches to the back of the stove. there are studs there for it to attach it to. I just assumed all quads of that time frame had this. or an option for it.

i believe we are runnning out of options......leading to the control box ugh. will check back later once i get home

Well. Tried unplugging black box aka thermostat. Bypassed new vacuum switch. Bypassed snap disc2.

Combustion fan comes on.....no red light ...6 blue flashes.....no ignighter.

If you have some alligator clips, connect the 2 screws that the thermostat goes to on the stove itself. If it doesn’t see a call for heat the light will not come on

Nothing will turn start till you figure out why the call light does not come on. Only 3 things that do that. 1 blown main fuse. 2 blown fuse on circuit board. 3 tstat fail or no jumper wire on tstat connector.

Ok. I'm gonna hafta try to figure something out on this therm jump. No alligator clips here! I checked the fuse near the call light..........is there another fuse I can check? For the circuit board?

Something is really weird....I'm not sure what changed. Monday morning when it was out ......I tried restarting and got the call light and ignighter.. just no feed.

Ssyko. So let me ask this..... IF. Everything is working correctly... . And I have the therm hooked up. But NOT. Using it in therm mode...... Only in on mode. ... And I switch it to off mode on the black box..... The stove will not fire/work. ?

If the therm was an option....what would the stove come with.....I mean on the terminals on the back ....if they need to be connected ?

Only thing im trying to figure out is if the therm box is the problem. Gotta do this by process of elimination, if it isn’t in the circuit and there is a jumper on the tstat and no call light i would have to start looking for the area im loosing power. If power goes to the box then the board is damaged somehow. How? Could be a voltage or amperage spike from the grid, electronics go bad after years of heat just cause they can, no explanation.

the stoves had a hard wire jumping the 2 screws

Yeah I get what you're saying anything can break it anytime that's some serious bad luck on our part for the vacuum switch and now the box..... I'd like to find some way to test the box before we smoke the money on the box if that's not it. I've done everything you both have said to do I currently have snap disc 2 jumped the vacuum switch jumped and the thermostat disconnected and jumped still no feed no red light just 6 blue blinks in a series of three that it stops doing that too I pulled the clear box out and check the fuse in the board and it was good as far as I can tell pretty small..

If you have a quad dealer near you they could test it in one of their stoves. Or you could ship it to me and i can test it.

Appreciate that. May take you up on it.
I have a dealer an hour away but there not real friendly. You didn't buy it from us type of thing.....blah blah. I'm going call them and see thanks

well as i expected...the closest dealer told me they have no way of testing the control box...shocker. Offered to sell me a new one for 225 dollars. Guy on phone did mention check the exhaust pipe of the stove....make sure its clean and clear. ?? would that stop the call light from coming on guys? ill check it regardless. i would think we paid a local shop to completely clean the stove in the fall they would of cleaned that part out! ?

If any one on here would offer to check our control box....send me a pm with info...i think we might try that. We arent too crazy about smokin 225 on a whim slash guess. If we were loaded id just turn on the electric furnace ...lol thanks

No even a plugged exhaust, the call light would come on

pm sent

We're back....we are beyond confused on this stove! Dissembled entire stove ...bricks.... exchanger plate.... vaccumed out exhaust inlet....took off rear exhaust pipe goin to roof vent...... vacuumed it out as well.. check for any obstructions....... Pulled vac switch rubber line off and blew through....cleaned out inlet barb going into firebox with end of a coat hanger and blew it out with a compressor.

Refired ....red lite on.. Igniter lighting up as well. no dice

We have tried jumping snap disc 2 ....and the new vaccum switch seperately still nothing.... get all of stated above...but stove just goes out , shuts down.
when we bypass the vac switch.....the auger turns, when vac switch is not jumped.....auger doesn't turn at all. Help!

printed out a manual btw....how we found out about removing all the components in the fire area.

Last edited:
Well only things left are the combustion blower and control board. When the better half dumped water did it get down inside the back of the stove, wiring? Check all connections for corrosion and that they make a good connection.

nothing looks bad or rusty.....she didnt put much...maybe half a glass maybe...... i believe i mentioned earlier i found one of the therm wires off and that was it. it all just keeps pointing to the new vacuum switch or some thing related.........what is the dollar bill test ive read about........some thing to do with a vacuum leak with the seals? gaskets? and if it runs when the new vac switch by passed....that should narrow it down i would think.

Put a dollar in the door opening shut and latch the door and pull the bill out. Do it around the wholse door. If there is little resistance gasket is leaking. Ash pan same thing.