No fancy tools here

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WOODBUTCHER

Minister of Fire
The woodbutchers 8lb maul and wood grenade owes him nothing after 15 cords worth.

Attachments

• wood_butcher_2006_02.jpg
    wood_butcher_2006_02.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 852
What do the engraved notches stand for? Cords?

Ooops, answered my own question.

Do thoes mocasins have steel toes?

Nice photo.

Well, I've got to hand it to you, that wooden handle looks a lot better after 15 cords than mine did after just 3. Although that tape gives me a clue that it isn't 100%. In fact, I can see a big split coming that looks like it underlines the word 'Butcher'. I used mine until almost skewering my right hand when a big half inch x 2 foot splinter came flying off!

I bought a new 8 lb maul since I wanted a fiberglass handle and a larger mass than the 6 pounder I had just destroyed.

Wood Butcher is a catchy name BTW. And I like the notches. I was hoping they represented cords and not bodies. ;)

Man Butch, your kinda freakin me out.

I'm with Mo, that handle would have been long gone if I wacked 15 cords with it.

Sharp crew here to pick up on the mocossins in the pic!

Status
Not open for further replies.