No gold in free wood

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As a landowner I am going to disagree with almost everyone. For people that I know by other means, I am quite open about people using my land for things like hunting deer. I do tell them if someone else has permission to hunt there and ask them to run off anyone else that they find while out hunting. My driveway looks sort of like a dirt road off the end of a paved road and sometimes I find people on it. For an honest mistake I am quite forgiving and try to help the trespassers find the experience they were looking for. For a$$holes that think they own anything without a no trespassing sign I am far less tolerant. I do have an existing right to trespass across the northern most 30 feet of my land for agricultural purposes because some of my neighbors would otherwise be landlocked. One day I saw one of those idiots mowing the grass along that area and starting to rake that grass for bailing. Needless to say I was a bit less than polite when I asked him to stop and get the he11 off my land. Some people will take a mile if you give them an inch. It turns out that I approached a cattle farmer nearby and asked him if he wanted that grass for no charge as winter feed for his cattle. I had no use for it but no way would I ever set a precedent to let that idiot run roughshod over me and my rights.
As a landowner I agree with you 100% give an inch take a mile,folks think they own your land,cut wood,pick flowers,picnic,use it as dump,etc.,etc. Then get
pi$$ed when told to get off,It's mine and I pay the tax,plenty of it too.Some get
mad and aggressive until I show my badge then it's a different story I always say to them when you pay the tax on this property you can do as you please until
then move on. On the other hand if someone asks and I know them I will let
them cut within reason some of them have taken part of the mile at times and
don't get invited back

Reactions: Gboutdoors
Status
Not open for further replies.