1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

No longer anxious to burn!!

Post in 'The Wood Shed' started by RedRanger, Sep 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RedRanger

RedRanger New Member

Loc:
    British Columbia
    Surveying the site today, and looking at the 4 cords under tarps, the 7.6 in the wood sheds. and the 3 outside drying very nicely. and thinking that with 80+ temps right now, and all the work going into stacking and re-splitting that stuff, well, now maybe I ain`t in such a hurry to burn it up anymore.

I think that winter can wait for a spell. Fine by me. Just looking back and reflecting on the work stacking and re-splitting, and so it`s okayl if old man winter ain`t in no hurry. :coolgrin:

But of course I am not a new wood burner, just a old wood burner with a brand new epa insert that I would like to put thru the paces.. heh,heh. but I am patient. eh, or just a silly canuck,,eh??

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. aandabooks

aandabooks New Member

Loc:
    Central Illinois
    I'm the same as you. As soon as the temps start dipping in the overnights, i think about cranking up the burner. But then I think, if I hold off it will be less wood that I use and therefore less wood to replace. Going out to the woodshed does put a smile on my face though.
  3. savageactor7

savageactor7 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    CNY
    I think what you guys think...we all know winters coming so the longer it takes the better.
  4. Ithaca

Ithaca New Member

Loc:
    Central NY
    This will be my first year burning wood with a purpose, but I've notice something I didn't expect after harvesting and splitting my wood piles.

It is a fight between the desire to play with my new stove and a new found love of a neatly stacked cord!

My left hand reaches for a split and my right hand smacks it away.
  5. Corey

Corey Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Midwest
    I never get anxious for the cold...I generally don't mind the change to fall (which seems to be coming early this year) - but if it warmed right back up just after the new year, that would be A-OK in my book! Unfortunately we'll be stuck with several more months of gray, cold, wet weather. Sometimes I think the only thing that makes it bearable is the warm glow from the crackling fire inside the 'ol stove!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.