1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Noisy combustion blower 10-cpm

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by mithesaint, Dec 30, 2012.

1. mithesaint

mithesaint Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    NW Ohio
    The combustion blower on my 10-cpm got really noisy tonight. It's a high pitched hum/whine and it grates on my last nerve. The stove seems to be burning just fine, nice clean burn etc.

I pulled the blower and cleaned and installed a new gasket about 3-4 weeks ago and it was fine until tonight. The combustion blower can't be oiled, right? Any tricks for quieting this thing down? I sense a new blower in my future, but that doesn't help me tonight.

Thank in advance.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. imacman

imacman Guest

Well, the comb. blower motor has "sealed" ball bearings, but you can sneak some oil into the outer one pretty easily. The inner one can be oiled if the motor is removed from the stove and also removed from the holder, but it's tough. If you look at the bearing on your motor, like in the pic, and turn the shaft, you'll see the bearing race turn with the motor shaft....just on it's outer edge is where you can try to get some oil in. Same for the inner, if you decide to dismantle the blower/mount.

Also, there have been members that have bought replacement bearings and replaced them.

Attached Files:

• Comb.JPG
      Comb.JPG
      File size:
      107.8 KB
      Views:
  3. PoolGuyinCT

PoolGuyinCT Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Plymouth CT
    This would be the exhaust motor?
  4. imacman

imacman Guest

Yes
  5. Harvey Schneider

Harvey Schneider Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Southbury, CT
    If it's not the bearings, and it probably is, it is possible that the gasket has slipped inward and the vanes of the blower are hitting it.