Normal for room air to be sucked in from stove collar and stove pipe sections

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
We have a moisture meter. Wood moisture 13-17%. Our chimney is Duravent DVL offset with 2 45’s into class A. Entire length approx 25ft.

We are located in a remote area- is running it like this till we get what we need to seal it going to be ok?

We have a moisture meter. Wood moisture 13-17%. Our chimney is Duravent DVL offset with 2 45’s into class A. Entire length approx 25ft.

We are located in a remote area- is running it like this till we get what we need to seal it going to be ok?
How are you using the moisture meter?

It may be perfectly safe or may be extremely dangerous. There really is no way for us to know without seeing it. Allot more information would give us a better idea of what you are dealing with but there is only so much that can be done without being onsite

We split a piece, bring inside let it get to room temp and then test it

Is there any other info I can give you, or pictures I could take? Temps are supposed to dip to -18C and my baseboards don’t keep up well (not to mention they are $$)

We split a piece, bring inside let it get to room temp and then test it

Is there any other info I can give you, or pictures I could take? Temps are supposed to dip to -18C and my baseboards don’t keep up well (not to mention they are $$)
It is best to bring it in warm it up then split but still probably pretty accurate.

Pics of everything would help a description of your burning technique. A description of the creosote issues you are dealing with and anything else you think might be applicable