not the way I wanted to scrounge wood

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bocefus78

Minister of Fire
Jul 27, 2010
Just Outside Indy
It finally rained here in central indy....80mph winds...heavy rains. The wind took down this ash I planted as a seedling. Crappy pic provided by my neighbor. Good thing he hated his fence lol

Attachments

• imagejpeg_2.jpg
    imagejpeg_2.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 123
Pretty fence just the same. You're right, better ways to scrounge firewood. Takes the 'free' out of the equation.

Tornado took Down a sugar maple my pepere planted for my brother when he was borne out ten years ago. Also snapped about 100 other trees on my dad's property. I know your pain.

Ouch.
Free fire wood but lots of work added.
Bet the rain was really\y needed

I saw the radar yesterday afternoon and it looked bad. Now I see why it looked so bad. Glad it missed us.

For 27 years when we would come up our long winding driveway we would note the progress of a Tulip Poplar that was a seedling the first time we took a walk in the evening after moving in. Sucker was getting on up there. Came home one day and there was just a stump. Power line crew. :mad:

For 27 years when we would come up our long winding driveway we would note the progress of a Tulip Poplar that was a seedling the first time we took a walk in the evening after moving in. Sucker was getting on up there. Came home one day and there was just a stump. Power line crew. :mad:
Power lines get strung two feet off the ground in N Virginia?

Um well, I was wondering why they had to cut it so close to the ground.

They whack anything withing fifteen feet of the lines on either side. Can't blame'em. They would just have to keep trimming and trimming it for years. With the Poplar if they had topped it it would have died anyway. I fully understood why they did it. It was just sad.

They whack anything withing fifteen feet of the lines on either side. Can't blame'em. They would just have to keep trimming and trimming it for years. With the Poplar if they had topped it it would have died anyway. I fully understood why they did it. It was just sad.
Hmm. Must be no shortage of firewood down there. Just follow these guys:

shredder.jpg

Sorry ya lost that ash, bocefus. We got hammered pretty bad down here in the valley, BBart. I was lucky but lotsa trees down near me, plenty of areas without power still.Saw y'all in NoVa were lit up even more on the radar last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.