Nothing better on a chilly rainy day....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fireview2788

Minister of Fire
Apr 20, 2011
SW Ohio
than sitting by the woodstove. Sadly that's NOT what I'm doing but my family is enjoying it. Part of working 3-11, start the fire, go to work, and enjoy when you get home.

fv

Yep, you are correct! Once in a while, when it's in the dead of winter and I am at the locomotive shop working (where you get very little heat), the wife will send me a pic on my smartphone of the stove 'a cranking......makes me warm right up....

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
Still 69 degrees and almost a bit muggy here, Sav. But some BIG changes in store over the next 5 days. I'll probably not have to build a fire til tomorrow afternoon, unless the boss wants me to build one later tonight just because its..........our 15th wedding anniversary!

Looks like 50 will the the high for today here Scott. Each day for several days a bit cooler. It actually feels really nice out there today because it is not windy. We've had lots of wind lately and more coming. But now there are barely any leaf left on the trees so the wind won't blow any more down; just blow around. Probably see some snow flakes soon.

Reactions: ScotO
I hear you...I'm finally getting my stove installed on the 31st, and I'm going on a three day business trip, leaving on the.....you guessed it....31st. That's cold. Kinda like lighting a fire, only to have to leave it.

I'll really be looking forward to coming home and firing it up.

Congrats on the 15 years Scotty!
We won't have our 15th until '14, but this is the 2nd go 'round for both of us.
I got a little fire going early this afternoon, then added a couple Maple splits, and turned down the air. Went out to split some more wood, and when I got back in the house, it was nice and toasty.
I missed most of the fire though.>>

Reactions: ScotO
than sitting by the woodstove. Sadly that's NOT what I'm doing but my family is enjoying it. Part of working 3-11, start the fire, go to work, and enjoy when you get home.
At least on second you can start the morning fire, get the house warm and have the stove reloaded for a cruise by the time you leave.
Stove is on now, maybe for the long haul. I'm burning up some oddball chunks of soft and hard Maple, and have Ash splits to supplement full loads, which I'll have several of for the next week, anyway.

We celebrated 19 last Friday, had a fire in the stove then too!

fv

Status
Not open for further replies.