OAK installation

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.

cyclone

Hearth Supporter
May 20, 2008
North East Pennsylvania
I will be doing a self install of a (oak) fresh air kit to my Harman TL 300 wood stove.

It will be runned through a block masnoary wall.

Any suggestions for a proper installation such as , bits to cut a hole thourgh the interior and exterior, any additonal tools, parts for hook up of oak.

also the oak hose will be runned up the wall and out to the exterior, is that okay.

Any suggestions,

thanks

I suggest you look into dryer venting materials at your local hardware store. They're available in 3" and 4" sizes in metal. I recently used a metal dryer vent going through masonry. It looks like this http://www.mobilemart.com/product.aspx?p=56491 (I'm not sure its exactly the same though). I Inserted a mesh material into the outer vent to hold open the flap and prevent bugs from entering. I then used galvanized steel vent pipe to get to the hearth area. I used aluminum flex (not the cheap stuff) to go to a steel adapter at the stove.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.