Oh my...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BrowningBAR

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Jul 22, 2008
San Tan Valley, AZ
Now that the 30 is in place with the 9" legs and blower attached, I just did some measuring. With the shorter legs, the 30 would fit, with blower attached, into the kitchen fireplace.

Oh my, oh my, or my. ::-)

Reactions: Pallet Pete
Uh Oh......!!!

I foresee another stove movement in the future ;)

Dude.
You couldn't just leave it alone, could you?
It's ok, we'll wait for this problem, curse, uh, situation to be resolved.:cool:
"Annnd, another one's gone, another one's gone, another one bites the dust"

Reactions: BrowningBAR
If the 30 goes in the kitchen fireplace, that will leave room for a princess.

So if you put a second 30 in, will that mean you won't need a third stove?

If the 30 goes in the kitchen fireplace, that will leave room for a princess.
I'll get a Progress so I am allowed to speak of Woodstock products... ;lol

Reactions: jeff_t
BB, whats the measurements with that stove with no legs? Ive been thinking of sliding one into my see through fireplace.

So if you put a second 30 in, will that mean you won't need a third stove?
Unfortunately, no. Due to the layout of the home, three stoves will always be needed. If I could tighten this old place up to that of a new home, I would need three small stoves, probably the size of a Keystone.

BB, whats the measurements with that stove with no legs? Ive been thinking of sliding one into my see through fireplace.
That doesn't look to be an option due to the ash pan. You would crush the ash pan without the legs.

If you manage to shorten the legs to the length that would go just beyond the ash pan (which, is a bit taboo, and your insurance company probably won't like it) the stove would be about 24" high, minus the stove collar.

That doesn't look to be an option due to the ash pan. You would crush the ash pan without the legs.

If you manage to shorten the legs to the length that would go just beyond the ash pan (which, is a bit taboo, and your insurance company probably won't like it) the stove would be about 24" high, minus the stove collar.

thanks, maybe I can find another stove that might work

thanks, maybe I can find another stove that might work
The difference between the shorter legs and cutting them down to go just beyond the ash pan looks to be about an inch or so.

Uh Oh......!!!

I foresee another stove movement in the future ;)
Probably not in the near future. I am at the point where I have a ridiculous amount of heat available with acceptable burn times. Now I will focus on replacing windows and doors to see what that does to my heat retention.

Reactions: DexterDay
BB whatever you do, don't look at the latest post in for sale/wanted here.

Reactions: PapaDave
BB whatever you do, don't look at the latest post in for sale/wanted here.
Well, thank god this thread isn't about me trying to quit heroin. Bart's pretty much handing me a new needle and pointing me to a cheep stash of smack.

Reactions: PapaDave
LOL, what would be more ironic than to buy yet another stove from mroverkill.

Status
Not open for further replies.