Ok now for chimney?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm... can't be of much help then. Sorry. Hopefully you can find a good stove dealer there who know their stuff about the Simpson product so you can get all the correct parts ordered. Good Luck.

sounds like your best bet is insulated ss liner, just continue the masonry right on through the roof, even using premade concrete chimney block if your looking to save money, you could do that part yourself in a day for very little $$, then line it.

Hello all...still getting things ready for the chimney....Looked at class A pipe to go all the way out.Talked to 2 different people and got some cost for this.Anywhere from $1650 To over $1900.Both where pretty much the same type of pipe. Also that i can have a plate at the top of the bricks in the attic. I was told that i can have anywhere from 2'' to 3'' clearance's.Got the wall out and set the stove into the opening.
8.gif
The clearance from the corner of the stove to the frame for the doors is 15''.
7.gif
So that is going to work just fine. Also chiseled the opening for the pipe into the brick.Found out that it is covered with cement and not plaster.Also the bricks are 4'' wide.Now Next is building the hearth..(that is what the tile samples are for).
13.gif

Will add more as i go along Phil

Status
Not open for further replies.