Old friend wants to buy bbq wood. He is in the back yard poker catagory.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
oldspark said:
smokinjay would have a new meaning

That IS the meaning. Jay is a smoke demigod.

Jags said:
oldspark said:
smokinjay would have a new meaning

That IS the meaning. Jay is a smoke demigod.

I will pass that torch on to this Guy......He is so excited to get good wood at a price that he can really compete. Forget who said to us sugar maple but his eyes was bugging out :bug:!

Everything was mark and labeled and he's tyring beacon for the first time this weekend.....Now I do have a couple lb's of that with my name on it!

Edit It was Woodmaster...........You made his day! Sugar maple is as rare as apple, so he's got the whole darn kit.(Hope he wins)

smokinjay said:
Everything was mark and labeled and he's tyring beacon for the first time this weekend.....Now I do have a couple lb's of that with my name on it!

Home cured and smoked bacon is da bomb. I wish I had more time to do that stuff.

Jags said:
smokinjay said:

Home cured and smoked bacon is da bomb. I wish I had more time to do that stuff.

If I made money at it I would still be all in! lol Now I just wait on sales of big cuts smoke a bunch at once and freeze it in smaller bags....Tryed to drop enough hints to him that the charcoal is his biggest expense (he did admit my smoke rings are better) so lets see if he pours the smoke on instead of walmart chips! :p

Since this thread has long since departed from having anything to do with firewood, I'm sliding over into DIY. We don't really have a place for smoking/grilling/BBQ discussions in our forums here. There have been a number of requests for one, but there are so many sites already out there on the web about all that. Hearth.com simply can't be all things to all people. Craig will correct me if I'm wrong. Rick

Jags said:
Bagged charcoal is for burgers and brats. Nuff said.

+1000000!

fossil said:
Craig will correct me if I'm wrong. Rick

Better watch it or he will withhold your paycheck. %-P

fossil said:
Since this thread has long since departed from having anything to do with firewood, I'm sliding over into DIY. We don't really have a place for smoking/grilling/BBQ discussions in our forums here. There have been a number of requests for one, but there are so many sites already out there on the web about all that. Hearth.com simply can't be all things to all people. Craig will correct me if I'm wrong. Rick

Awww I can see why you would read it that way, but it is about marketing firewood to the bbq crowd. No money in bbq (unless you own a restaurant)!
Very difficult to come up with the wood those guys want! :cheese:

Jags said:
fossil said:
Craig will correct me if I'm wrong. Rick

Better watch it or he will withhold your paycheck. %-P

Well, let's see, that would affect my monthly take-home by...um, ok, gimme time here, math is hard, add the 3, carry the one...OK, I got it...exactly $0.00 %-P

smokinjay said:
...it is about marketing firewood to the bbq crowd...

Jay, I know that's how you started the thread, but that's no longer what it's all about. I hope your wood supply venture for your smoker/BBQ buddy works out well. I'm sure you put some effort into providing him with some quality wood. I wish him well in the upcoming competition. Rick

fossil said:
smokinjay said:
...it is about marketing firewood to the bbq crowd...

Jay, I know that's how you started the thread, but that's no longer what it's all about. I hope your wood supply venture for your smoker/BBQ buddy works out well. I'm sure you put some effort into providing him with some quality wood. I wish him well in the upcoming competition. Rick

Thanks Rick! :cheese:

Status
Not open for further replies.