OMG...I am becoming like yal!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NCredneck

Aug 29, 2011
RDU area NC
My morning consists of checking for free firewood on CL and coffee...rushing off to work...periodically checking for free firewood so I can be the first on a big score. Then I come home and look at shed designs, check Hearth.com a 100 times for new and exciting posts. Tonight I dug up a big ol fatwood stump....huge...YESSSSS! Oh, ordered my Super Cedars will the discount was still happening, just got my install inspected. I did it because I do most everything to save money...
OMG...I am a Hearth.com junky...please help me!!
Did I mention I check for free firewood...still trying to get a couple three years ahead. I think my son is actually enjoying helping...lol ..thats a first

Here are some pics of the 2nd burn...got er up to 480 degrees, saw a little bit of secondary action..cool. My wife said it was getting warm in the room, I told her "you will so appreciate it when its cold...heres a towel if you are sweating now."

Oh PS: BeGreen even though I might differ with ya on some ash can issues...you are my hero...well you and Hogwildz and Pen and Jags and raybonz and webmaster and Icdeadbtu's just cracks me up and BrotherBart...YOU da Man..the list goes on...thanks for all yal do...it is appreciated!

Edit: How did I forget Gamma Ray...shes a hoot! and BrowningBAR...I know i am forgetting some..sorry ..but all yal make my day..thanks.

Attachments

• DSCN0621.jpg
    DSCN0621.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 650
  • DSCN0628.jpg
    DSCN0628.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 649
That's the nicest trailer I've ever seen :lol:

Them pop-outs just keep getting nicer and nicer.

Great looking home and stove. Thanks for the pics.

Nice stove! We're all brothers and sisters at hearth here. And that is a particularly warm and inviting one.

Real nice..must be a double wide!

That is absofreakinglutely lovely !!!!!

Nice job !!!!!

smilies-30222.png

BeGreen said:
Nice stove! We're all brothers and sisters at hearth here.

Yep, brothers and sisters is a good comparison.

sibling-giving-sour-faces-to-each-other.jpg

Nice setup!

EDIT: BTW, you are one fancy-assed redneck!

pen

pen said:
BeGreen said:
Nice stove! We're all brothers and sisters at hearth here.

Yep, brothers and sisters is a good comparison.

sibling-giving-sour-faces-to-each-other.jpg

Nice setup.

pen

Kids not a blonde, Pen.

And I know, neither is Gamma, really.

action-smiley-075.gif

Dang, forgot to use the facetious smiley Dixie.

pen

NCredneck said:
My morning consists of checking for free firewood on CL and coffee...rushing off to work...periodically checking for free firewood so I can be the first on a big score. Then I come home and look at shed designs, check Hearth.com a 100 times for new and exciting posts. Tonight I dug up a big ol fatwood stump....huge...YESSSSS! Oh, ordered my Super Cedars will the discount was still happening, just got my install inspected. I did it because I do most everything to save money...
OMG...I am a Hearth.com junky...please help me!!
Did I mention I check for free firewood...still trying to get a couple three years ahead. I think my son is actually enjoying helping...lol ..thats a first

Here are some pics of the 2nd burn...got er up to 480 degrees, saw a little bit of secondary action..cool. My wife said it was getting warm in the room, I told her "you will so appreciate it when its cold...heres a towel if you are sweating now."

Oh PS: BeGreen even though I might differ with ya on some ash can issues...you are my hero...well you and Hogwildz and Pen and Jags and raybonz and webmaster and Icdeadbtu's just cracks me up and BrotherBart...YOU da Man..the list goes on...thanks for all yal do...it is appreciated!

Edit: How did I forget Gamma Ray...shes a hoot! and BrowningBAR...I know i am forgetting some..sorry ..but all yal make my day..thanks.

Don't forget the BEAR! Looks great NCredneck.

zap

Attachments

• 100_3365.jpg
    100_3365.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 524
pen said:
...facetious smiley Dixie...

Sounds to me like Eileen's new username. Whadda y'all think?

OBTW, NCredneck...not that you need any more sunshine pumped up your skirt in this thread, but I gotta tell ya, that installation and the setting it's in are gorgeous.

NCredneck....I can understand. The day the stove went in, I became what my Wife calls a "Wood Whore"....not only looking in the papers, online, or on the side of the road....also looking for the infamous Yellow Ribbons, and red X's that hey use around here to mark trees that are slated to come down....gotta be a step ahead. We moved into somewhat of an upity, nose in the air, type of nieghborhood....I got wood lining most of my property on one side....a stack of rounds in 2 different corners, and I'm always drivin' the truck thru the back yard to drop off more when I find it.....look out folks, a Blue Collar is in the hood

Moved to Perfect Picture for posterity. The Inglenook may get purged once in a while.

Ha Ha...thanks all ..very nice of yal to lift my skirt..appreciate it Dixie ...making me feel good bout my progress...
Beer belly...I know what ya mean...I am constantly looking wood and telling people at work all about wood and stuff....they probably think....whats wrong with this dude!

fossil said:
pen said:
...facetious smiley Dixie...

Sounds to me like Eileen's new username. Whadda y'all think?

OBTW, NCredneck...not that you need any more sunshine pumped up your skirt in this thread, but I gotta tell ya, that installation and the setting it's in are gorgeous.

cool-smiley-008.gif

I'd need to be able to have an avatar that fits
animal0048.gif

Oh wow nice. Nothing like me, mine is butt ugly! :cheese:

Redneck, just wait til you start having a nice glass of vino, then throw on some more wood cause the fire is so mesmerizing, then you get the place so hot you gotta open the front door and turn on the whole house fan to cool everything off and bring in some fresh air, only to realize that now the smoke is coming out the front vents, and say to yourself "wow that's kinda interesting", then oh chit, WTF...well, you get the rest of the story. Yup, you just like all us pyro's !!!

Gorgeous NCredneck... :)
It is not only beautiful, but "homey"....that's key because I have been in many beautiful homes but some lack the homey,comfortable feeling. I think you nailed it...enjoy!

BTW...Dixie....I have never colored my hair.... :-/ :smirk: :lol:

NCredneck said:
OMG...I am a Hearth.com junky...please help me!!Did I mention I check for free firewood...still trying to get a couple three years ahead. I think my son is actually enjoying helping...lol ..thats a first

You post this and are looking for help . . . sorry Charlie . . . if you're looking for help from your addiction you're in the wrong place . . . we're all enablers here. ;)

Thanks for all the encouragement folks...but no matter what that slide out looks like....I got redneck in the blood...well more like country boy blood.
FPX Dude funny you mention that...just last night I fired er up....got her going good as I knocked down a few 7 and 7's, had the secondary light show and damper throttled all the way down. I remember 501 degrees on the face (with my IR gun I got for 20 bucks at Harbor Freight cuz it was a store return) when I fell out. Was it the warmth of the fire or the lazy chair or the drinks, I don't know. Luckily I didn't wake to a smoke filled room, just panicked a little cuz I fell out with a fire going and woke to a warm room and wondered if it got much hotter on the stove face.

Firefighterjake I don't need no help...ain't got no problem.....I got this under control....Pssst hey...got any wood for me? :cheese:

NCredneck said:
Thanks for all the encouragement folks...but no matter what that slide out looks like....I got redneck in the blood...well more like country boy blood.
FPX Dude funny you mention that...just last night I fired er up....got her going good as I knocked down a few 7 and 7's, had the secondary light show and damper throttled all the way down. I remember 501 degrees on the face (with my IR gun I got for 20 bucks at Harbor Freight cuz it was a store return) when I fell out. Was it the warmth of the fire or the lazy chair or the drinks, I don't know. Luckily I didn't wake to a smoke filled room, just panicked a little cuz I fell out with a fire going and woke to a warm room and wondered if it got much hotter on the stove face.

Firefighterjake I don't need no help...ain't got no problem.....I got this under control....Pssst hey...got any wood for me? :cheese:

I think I can spare a piece or two . . . come on up. :)

yooperdave said:
aw heck! he ain't no redneck...you can tell from the pics...there ain't nothing being deep-fried!

Got a fridge in the basement...many a deer have been cut up and stored in there for aging 5 to 7 days...fried tenderloin with gravy....
This weekend heading to the lake....probably fry some catfish...everyone doing a community brunswich stew...Yum yum!
Omg...don't get me started...my arteries are hardening just thinking bout it.

Edit: Just thought of a funny..we got a 1972 trailer at the lake.....my wife calls it our CANdominium... :lol:

NCredneck said:

You are officially addicted.....
:cheese:

At least I can offer the excuse that I get paid for this.....

Then again, I'm addicted to a few other sites, so I know the feeling.

Status
Not open for further replies.