OMG: I found pellets in stock

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There seems to be plenty of pellets available in my neck of the woods. Its easy to find pellets here for $187 per ton, good ones too! I've seen them priced at $250 at the most for softwood.

I have noticed that home depot stores in my area still do not have any in stock. They must be having a little problem with their suppliers, as I was told that they would have them in stock 6 weeks ago, and they still don't have any.

The HD near me has already gotten at least 80 tons in over the past month, and every one is already gone!

I was in WalMart today, and they had 1 ton plus about 10 bags of Pennington. $247 /ton, but the guy who worked there said WalMart is rationing pellets between all their stores.....he didn't expect to see anymore for a while.

This is going to be a difficult year to find pellets. I have been doing this a long time and have only had one year where pellets where next to impossible to find but that was much later in the season. We have been moving truckloads in house and right out very fast all summer. I hate it but we have stopped selling to new customers for a few weeks untill we can catch up so we don't over sell.

i'm in upstate ny and in august when i was buying they all made it sound like a shortage.so i bought 2 ton and put my name on a list at several places. well they all have called and have them in stock. sometimes you wonder if its media hype? the problem is in august i paid 230 a ton now they want 290 to 320.

northeaster said:
i'm in upstate ny and in august when i was buying they all made it sound like a shortage.so i bought 2 ton and put my name on a list at several places. well they all have called and have them in stock. sometimes you wonder if its media hype? the problem is in august i paid 230 a ton now they want 290 to 320.

Hey North, where in "upstate" are you located?

I have 22 tons rolling in at 10:00 am. I am down to about 60 in my warehouse. If you do not have your pellets by now, What the heck is wrong with you??????

Eric

I can see how you are surpriased when you find pellets in stock. When 1st shop for pellet stove in june. A dealer tried to scare me out of pellet stove because they could not get pellets. During that time pelletdirect was not taking any new orders. HD and Walmart here are getting pennington pellets. The 2 stores by me ran out in a week after getting them in september. Pellets being hard to find might be caused by stock pilers and some is that there are a lot of new stove owners out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.