One lucky tree cutter.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, good thing he had his ppe on...... ;-)

You can tell by the way he was standing that he didn't know what he was doing. Really lucky. Maybe he should have played the lottery that day.

Throttle interlocks are so annoying :roll: . . .Always put duct tape on it was soon as bringing a new saw home from the dealer

388356_2194800031360_1287984025_31984565_234212312_n.jpg

Candidate for the Darwin awards for sure. Wonder if he has any insurance for when he successfully mutilates himself on future attempts?

Holy crap !!! he is one lucky, and perhaps a not so intelligent guy.

Shawn

Wow, I missed this! So, they have a giant grapple and don't think to just stand the dang thing back up? Does it seem like the safer idea to chop off a giant root ball with the whole thing dangling several feet in the air?

Danno77 said:
Wow, I missed this! So, they have a giant grapple and don't think to just stand the dang thing back up? Does it seem like the safer idea to chop off a giant root ball with the whole thing dangling several feet in the air?
Been in that exact same situation twice this year. Both times it couldn't be stood up. Granted in lou of what happened it might have been able to but the weight of the log and all...well lets just say none of us where there and its easy to arm chair it afterwards based on a few second clip.

If it won't stand back up, then cut more stump. (I dunno what you are talking about, this armchair stuff is easy, I'm even partially reclined right now, lol)

Things like this are pure gold for us safety geeks. Would be great for a training session.

No PPE but the only real mistake I see the guy making is not letting go of the damn saw.

Bart, that would be too easy...

Backwoods Savage said:
And bend the bar on his 044? You guys are crazy. Those things cost an arm and a leg (I'll let you think about that one for a second, har har)

Dumbass.

Danno77 said:
Backwoods Savage said:
And bend the bar on his 044? You guys are crazy. Those things cost an arm and a leg (I'll let you think about that one for a second, har har)

:) :) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.