One morequestion on the QF4300ST

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jman

Jun 4, 2008
Central Maine
With the double wall pipe out from the top of the stove you only need 4" from the back of the stove to the wall. Do any of you have any kind of protection on your wall? The way I understood it was you didnt need to. you just had to have 4" clearence from the back of the stove to anything combustable. I understood it correctly didnt I?

Yes that's correct, that's the listed minimum clearance to combustible materials for a double wall pipe installation with a 90 elbow off the top of the stove through the backwall. It drops to 3.75" for straight up. However, there's nothing saying you can't exceed these minimums for an extra margin of safety and peace of mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.