One thing you would change about your current stove.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quadrafire 3100i here as my primary stove. It needs the following:

Outside Air
Airwash System for the Glass
Pipe inlet 4 inches closer to the back of the stove.

If it had those things it'd be just about perfect

My Englander 13NCL Needs:

Outside Air
Deeper firebox or switch dimensions of the stove
Better door latch design (But hey for $280 it was a steal)

Jotul Oslo F500

Better primary air control handle. Not only is it 1" from the 400deg door but it's about as accurate as a wet noodle. I made an extension on mine but for a $2k stove how many extra $0.01 would it have been to make a better handle?

[I could easily add a few more but thread says "one thing"]

I wish the door was on the right side.
That is where I bring the wood in from and it would be less naughty bits on the living room carpet.

I once wanted it a little smaller but since I played around with the fans to circulate cooler air into the living room its sized about right.
Once we put an addition on it will be perfect

I wish the loading door was bigger and had a different spring loaded latch. Other than that the stove is great!

Ditto.

Hogwildz said:
A larger,deeper firebox. Which would also bring it out onto the hearth more, and make it a nice hearth heater. More area for wood, and more area outside the fireplace for more warmth, more like a freestanding stove. Being able to put 18" or 20" splits in front to back and still have space in front for the air wash. That would be ideal.

Allow the door to open a few degrees further. Storage spot for handle on the side near the front, instead of the back.

Status
Not open for further replies.