1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

OOPS ! My hand slipped WHACK !

Post in 'The Gear' started by Pallet Pete, Apr 3, 2013.

1. Pallet Pete

Pallet Pete Guest

You would not get me within a mile of the death trap ! The problem is your lifting a sharp wedge with a heavy weight with nothing more than a little cable and clip. If the operator isn't paying attention while your loading.....

Pete
    WeldrDave likes this.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. WeldrDave

WeldrDave Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    New Jersey
    And I have worked with "some" of them, SAD:(
    Somebody put a lot of time and $$$ into something that didn't need to be reinvented!!!. It's someones brain child and I think all intentions were good, but I agree with all, "SLOW" and waisting two people's time, fuel, etc....:rolleyes:
    osagebow likes this.
  3. scooby074

scooby074 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Nova Scotia
    That is a post pounder that was "adapted" to split wood. Not the best use of the attachment.
  4. MasterMech

MasterMech Guest

Ever have one of those "Ah ha!" moments?

Pallet Pete likes this.
  5. WeldrDave

WeldrDave Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    New Jersey
    Now that look's like the proper use for it!
    Pallet Pete likes this.
  6. Jags

Jags Moderate Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern IL
    But could you imagine the work that could be done with that little bad boy if the splitter was designed properly? Think of a beam type splitter on the end of that very versatile little arm. Crawl up, split, split, turn, split, crawl forward, split........:eek:
  7. Flatbedford

Flatbedford Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Croton-on-Hudson, suburbs of NYC
    That is amazing that two people and machine can split wood at about 1/10 the pace that I could with a maul.

It does look like it is a much better post driver than splitter. I think the splitter was an after thought.
  8. DodgyNomad

DodgyNomad Member

Loc:
    West Michigan
    So it takes 2 guys to be about half as fast as I am with my $900 Husky splitter? Is that what I'm to take from this video.

Looks dangerous too.
  9. mywaynow

mywaynow Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northeast
    By the end of the day he and another guy have wood split, and not very much for the effort. Looks like a whole lot of effort, design and construction that may very well bear fruit in the form of some minute aspect of the system being used in something viable. Was that a run-on sentence?