Opinions on a used Osburn 1800 feedback please.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.

lowroadacres

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Aug 18, 2009
MB
As the winter drags on in our corner of the world I have been window shopping again.

I am corresponding with a seller of a used Osburn 1800 bay window insert.

As I am not going to drive out to the gentlemen's place until I know what I am getting into as it is a few hours away I am looking for feedback.

Here is a photo of the interior of the stove.

It is my understanding that there are firebricks needed to in the stove and I am thinking that they are out for moving it as the insert is already out of the fireplace and in storage.

Fire Away!

Attachments

• Opinions on a used Osburn 1800 feedback please.
    Osburn 1800 used 2.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 202
The parts of it that I can see look good. You might want to phone him to double check that the bricks do in fact come with it. :)
I'm pretty sure he took the bricks out to move it.
If he doesn't have them anymore, I'd expect him to knock off a hundred $$$. According to the manual, it takes 12 firebricks, some of them cut down, or you can order the right ones from SBI.
Osburns are well built, and heavy!

Its a moot point now.... It is all gone.

I am going to keep looking until I find the right deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.