1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Ornery wife home again

Post in 'The Inglenook' started by Backwoods Savage, Feb 24, 2012.

1. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Michigan
    Hey, two days after knee surgery she is home again! Now I won't have to spend a couple hours each day driving nor will I have to sit in the hospital. Maybe I can get some work done. First order of business is to try to straighten out my computer. I keep losing the Internet. It appeared to be fixed but suddenly it is screwing up again. Well, then I hope to cut just a little bit more wood and then start the splitting. Then comes the stacking. Then the list just goes on and on.

But the good part is we are together again, as we should and need to be. We'll work together to try to get her back in shape before spring planting time. We are both happy and we both say "Thank You," to everyone on this forum. This is a terrific place with some wonderful people.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. piejam

piejam Member

What a woman..take care you two...
  3. bogydave

bogydave Minister of Fire

Loc:
    So Cent ALASKA
    Good news
    Allot less stress now & you can do some fun work :)
  4. Gary_602z

Gary_602z Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Lake Odessa,MI
    That is good news!

Gary
  5. thewoodlands

thewoodlands Minister of Fire

Good to hear Sav, nothing like being home.

zap
  6. Dix

Dix Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    Awesome !! The snuffles work again :)

Does J need someone coming in with one of those knee machines? Or are those passe, now?
  7. yooperdave

yooperdave Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Michigan's U.P.
    Hoo-Ray! Now, keep up with the therapy. It's always better at home. Glad you got her home before you got the snow, right?

By the way, just how does that bicycle handle in the snow??? Do you ride tandem or do you have a trailer for the ornery one? Oops, I forgot-those are kinda dumb questions, aren't they? You have that atv to pick her up with! JK!
  8. Pallet Pete

Pallet Pete Guest

Thats great news Dennis! Now she can watch the deer in the snow from the comfort of home.

Pete
  9. Locust Post

Locust Post Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northeast Ohio
    Glad to hear you both reside under the same roof again. No fun sleeping single in a double bed.
  10. rdust

rdust Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Michigan
    Great new Dennis! She'll be back to cutting, splitting and stacking your wood in no time! :lol:
  11. WellSeasoned

WellSeasoned Guest

Glad to hear Dennis. Take good care of her, and don't over do it your self. Be well
  12. PapaDave

PapaDave Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northern MI - in the mitten
    Great news Dennis. Were you able to beat the snow? Looked like you guys were getting it last night before it started here.
    Big sigh of relief when a loved one comes home.
  13. FireAnt

FireAnt Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Central CT
    Great news. Glad to hear she is home. Prayers for a speedy recovery!
  14. Backwoods Savage

Loc:
    Michigan
    Someone was supposed to come in today but we've not heard a thing from them. I got a call right after we got home yesterday verifying she was home. Said I'd get another call from the PT to set up the time for today. It's now after 3:00 so I doubt anyone will come until Monday.

She is really doing good though Eileen. She is up. Done her exercises and it is like she has a spring in her bottom as she can't seem to sit still. Have to be up doing something.... Can't hold her down.
  15. Backwoods Savage

Loc:
    Michigan
    Bike riding is done indoors this time of the year. I took hers out into the barn though as she won't need it for a while. I talked to someone in TN yesterday and they said it was 70 there. Maybe I need to load up the bike and head south?!
  16. Backwoods Savage

Loc:
    Michigan
    It really is good to have her home again. Also glad we got home before the snow hit. Dave asked and we got about 5" or so. So this morning some time was spent plowing our driveway and the neighbor's too. Several neighbor's have me shove around their snow. Tis okay as I don't mind at all unless it is really cold, which it is not. 32 degrees right now.

It worked out really well too because shortly after she got home 2 deer came into the yard. Then she laid down for a while and when she got back up there were 8 or 9 deer out here. You should have seen the smile on her face. She loves it! So do I. In fact, the deer tend to look right at one window in particular and that is the window she usually stands at to watch the deer. She just laid back down just now and told me to holler at her in an hour because the deer would be coming back.

I also found out this morning that she got up during the night and even turned the computer on to play a couple games of solitare. I never knew she even got up so I guess I must have really slept well but it is good to know she can get up if she needs to.

EDIT: I forgot to add, I saw her walk from the table to the sink....without the walker. Not really a good thing yet but it shows her determination and also shows how well she is healing.
  17. fredarm

fredarm Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Eastern Mass
    Best to you both!
  18. Gary_602z

Gary_602z Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Lake Odessa,MI
    Hey Dennis we are still seeing some bucks with their racks on yet! Are you seeing any over there?

Gary
  19. Backwoods Savage

Loc:
    Michigan
    Gary, we had 3 bucks chasing does about a month ago and I haven't seen a buck since except for a couple little button bucks. I have seen bucks with antlers in late March before though.
  20. firefighterjake

firefighterjake Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Unity/Bangor, Maine
    Very good news Dennis . . . if there was a "Like" button I would have clicked it.