Oslo Install

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

M1Greg

Sep 8, 2010
MI
Wow. Last week was a busy week! I pulled the old stove out last week in preperation for our new Oslo. (1st pic)
Coming home from work and seeing the progress has been fun. The pedestal was built and installed (2nd pic) The tilework was started (3rd pic) Tile down and set. Nice corners! (4th pic) Detail work around the stone. Finesse! ( 5th pic)

The grouting was done yesterday and tommorow the liner and stove will be installed.

Attachments

• pic1.jpg
    pic1.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 385
  • pic2.jpg
    pic2.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 370
  • pic3.jpg
    pic3.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 381
  • pic4.jpg
    pic4.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 381
  • pic5.jpg
    pic5.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 402
M1Greg said:
Wow. Last week was a busy week! I pulled the old stove out last week in preperation for our new Oslo. (1st pic)
Coming home from work and seeing the progress has been fun. The pedestal was built and installed (2nd pic) The tilework was started (3rd pic) Tile down and set. Nice corners! (4th pic) Detail work around the stone. Finesse! ( 5th pic)

The grouting was done yesterday and tommorow the liner and stove will be installed.
Nice tile job!

Looking good! That will be an awesome setting for the new stove. Did you undercut the stone in the wall to get the overlay effect?

That look a great site for your new Jotul.
Cant wait to see the photo when you get it fitted.

BeGreen said:
Looking good! That will be an awesome setting for the new stove. Did you undercut the stone in the wall to get the overlay effect?
It looks like he used a scribe to gat that tight fit!

BeGreen said:

No undercut. I made that offer so the base could sit flush. The tile man just filleted the tile around the stone. Did a good job. Wife said he had to take quite a few breaks as he would get 7/8 of the way trough and the tile end would chip off! Time to back off and reassess my offer I bet. :eek:)

Well the stove is in! Wife called and said it looks great! The dealer did the first break in fire for us. And me, stuck at work!

M1Greg said:
Well the stove is in! Wife called and said it looks great! The dealer did the first break in fire for us. And me, stuck at work!

Don't worry . . . you should have two more break in fires if you want to break it in properly per Jotul . . . the first fire is the smallest and least impressive so you didn't miss much.

Something to look forward to when you get home from work, should be ready for another breakin fire. Don't forget some pics.

I wish I would've had your tile guy do mine. My tile guy was pretty inept! :red:

Congrats on your Oslo!! I agree with Jake, the Oslo has a couple more break-ins to be ready to go, they were very exciting times for me too.
You will enjoy the heat you feel from a wood stove, nothing tops it!

Status
Not open for further replies.