Oval to Round Adapter and Everything Else

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

dendor

Sep 6, 2020
Alberta
I’ve read tons of the “oval to round” adapter questions on here, but I haven’t been able to figure out what’s going to work for me. Based on previous advice, it sounds like I need a 6 in pipe. I don’t have any pipe or a chimney yet, so I’m open to any ideas or suggestions. I had originally thought that I would go double wall, but it seems almost impossible to make that work with the oval. I’ve attached some photos. For reference, the oval has a 22 inch circumference.
Ideas?
Suggestions?
Would single wall be okay?
Thanks for the help!

F9DAA132-2659-4786-837B-618F679FA3E2.jpeg 6A8534E2-E572-4FEE-88B9-6DC20E9CF3D6.jpeg 4E5D4B09-0C54-49C3-AD97-E5D29D0A31CB.jpeg 2651C4D9-021E-4B6D-9897-0E6BEC554B01.jpeg

Yes, that is an odd size. Kind of unnecessary when a third of the outlet is blanked off. It looks like 7" round pipe might fit if ovalized on the end. For an adapter, you could try Woodmans.
www.woodmanspartsplus.com

That is stove is commonly called a trash burner. I have had a couple over the years. Typical installation was to take a 6 inch single wall round pipe, squeeze one end to oval shape and over the length of the pipe the upper end would remain round. No adapter was needed. It must be 30 years since I last had one.

After the advent of electricity, and prior to central heat, they were common in kitchens. You could heat the coffee and warm the kitchen, and resort to the electric oven for baking.

That is stove is commonly called a trash burner. I have had a couple over the years. Typical installation was to take a 6 inch single wall round pipe, squeeze one end to oval shape and over the length of the pipe the upper end would remain round. No adapter was needed. It must be 30 years since I last had one.

After the advent of electricity, and prior to central heat, they were common in kitchens. You could heat the coffee and warm the kitchen, and resort to the electric oven for baking.
That is too big for 6" I believe. Pretty sure it is 7". And that is a coal stove I have never heard them called trash burners. We do see some incinerators that look similar. They were typically in garages

Yep, originally designed for coal, has the shaker grate and ash pan. We used them for years. For the most part it was scrap wood that went into them. The easiest way to figure out the diameter of the pipe is to see what calculates to a 22" circumference. 2X3.14X3=18.84 or 2X3.14X3.5=21.98. I did that in my head, so a bit of rounding was involved.

A plethora of images came up when I searched, "trash burner".

i just did a job with a trash burner in the basement. it had a bigger door on top and no cook plates. that stove has shaker grates