over-feeding

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

river's edge

Dec 30, 2015
manchester nh
GM

My Harman Accentra began over-feeding pellets todya, and they are semi burned in the ash pan.
The temp setting is 4, and the room temp setting is on high.
This has never happened; I have had the stove 8 yrs.

What is your cleaning schedule? Stove internals and exhaust? ESP cleaning?

I have found when I see the fuel consumption going up the stove needs a good cleaning and ESP is usually looking like a Que tip with buildup. If that is not the issue the ESP is probably on the way out or the pellets may be damp, not burning well and making the ESP think because the moisture is lower temp(boiling water is 210) the stove start to feed more fuel

What is your cleaning schedule? Stove internals and exhaust? ESP cleaning?
Hello Lake Girl
I performed a thorough cleaning last spring, but used it for a short period of time after said cleaning.
I cleaned it again last night, and there was some ash in the exhaust pipe, it is operating much better this morning, thanks.

I have found when I see the fuel consumption going up the stove needs a good cleaning and ESP is usually looking like a Que tip with buildup. If that is not the issue the ESP is probably on the way out or the pellets may be damp, not burning well and making the ESP think because the moisture is lower temp(boiling water is 210) the stove start to feed more fuel
Hi bloburner
Your description of the ESP was helpful, cleaned it and the pipe and it is running better today
Thanks

Welcome to the forum... Glad to hear it is burning better. Not sure what the lifespan of the ESP is but cleaning always seems to help!

Welcome! Read up about the cleaning schedule for the Harmans. Bio and Lake Girl set you straight but most issues are caused by dirty stoves.

Status
Not open for further replies.