P35i question.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Single strand thermostat wire is what I bought at the hardware store. I haven't hooked it up but I have it at least !
I bought wire to move my probe to the dining room someplace near the central heats thermostat. However where I have it located now keeps the house to within about a degree difference between the stoves Room Temp setting and the central heats thermostat already. I deem that Good Enough !

fmsm, going to try the probe because it was big selling point for me...if it doesn't work then stove mode and a phone call.

fmsm, going to try the probe because it was big selling point for me...if it doesn't work then stove mode and a phone call.
It will work fine just get it up off the floor.

Reactions: bogieb
Woke up this morning and working much better. Couple degrees off. What do most folks keep their blower set at?

Woke up this morning and working much better. Couple degrees off. What do most folks keep their blower set at?
Depends on the house and time of year. In my house this time of year I use High blower.

You all knew I would be back sooner than later. Temp probe question. This one has me baffled. Stove is set at feed 3, manual ignite , room temp fan on highest. Set temp to 65 when I left for work got home to house at 74. Probe was pulled as far as it will go( 4' )around the corner and about 1' off the floor. I have messed around since it has been installed and room temp just does not seem to work.
Second part, I started at feed 4 and lowered because I get puffy clouds an inch or so tall in front of the burning pellets, it is about an inch away from the edge. TIA.

Sounds like the stove did what you told it to do. "Puffy clouds" are ash and that is a good sign of a well burning stove. Awesome stove.

Eric

Reactions: John Fortier
My blower is always set at high. However, the Harman is in an uninsulated basement, so the concrete soaks up a lot. maybe when I get it mostly finished (getting closer), I will need to re-think that strategy, but it works well for me now.

Status
Not open for further replies.