P38 Bearing squeak

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jester

Hearth Supporter
Aug 19, 2008
Seacoast Massachusetts
Evening all,
Tonight, my p38 developed a squeak in the bearing attached to the auger shaft that spins against the mechaism that opens the door that allows pellets to drop. I took off all the shields and hit it with some WD40, which silenced it for a while. The bearing feels like its got some slack in it. I was wondering if anyone has had to replace this one, hopefulli it comes off without having to replace the whole auger motor.
If anyone's had any experioence with this or these and can shed some light on it for me that would be great.
Eric

I had a screech type noise when my auger would turn, wasn't continuous, just at the beginning at end of the auger cycle. I was told it was probably pellet dust on the hopper door on the bottom of the hopper that opens to drop the pellets. I ended up emptying the hopper and vacuuming out all the dust and ash from the stove. I then put some graphite on the door that opens to drops the pellets into the auger and haven't heard it since..

I also put graphite into the hopper once a month and I can hardly hear my auger turning. Doesn't take much, I mix with the pellets when they are low in the hopper.

Status
Not open for further replies.