P43, accentra, P61a-

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't find that room temp gives enough heat for some reason. I put stove temp on manual on about 6 and you can really feel the heat....that being said I am still wondering if the 61 would have been too much. Did you see the images I posted a few posts up

I don't find that room temp gives enough heat for some reason. I put stove temp on manual on about 6 and you can really feel the heat....that being said I am still wondering if the 61 would have been too much. Did you see the images I posted a few posts up
The probe in room temp is probably being satisfied and cutting the stove back considering the corner install. The P series stoves radiate a fair amount of heat, the probe is only 5 ft or so long if you haven't extended it. So the radiant heat is most likely getting to the probe before the house gets heated. That's why I mentioned yesterday or so, about knowing the probe setting at the stove vs your house thermometer. You probably have to hit 85 deg or more in that corner install to get heat out into the main house. Well the good news is you know with the stove cranked up to 3/4 capacity it makes heat ( stove temp 6). now the question is can you cut it back from there once it's cranking. It takes several hours to overcome a cool house.

I can't answer your P61 question, I thought with 2600 sq ft that it was the right choice in the beginning but if the air from the stove is boxed in then maybe not ( the dealers theory). Play a little longer before contacting your dealer is the best I can say, unless you are pretty sure already and want him to come out and assess the situation. Think about that corner install and the room temp probe though, you probably have to get the probe out of that corner with either stove.

Well you wouldn't be able to run the 61 very high, it would kill this room.

I hung the probe up about 4.5 feet high but there's no comparison running in stove mode and room temp so far

Well you wouldn't be able to run the 61 very high, it would kill this room.

I hung the probe up about 4.5 feet high but there's no comparison running in stove mode and room temp so far
Well then for now run it in stove temp. You need to extend that probe wire to get the probe way out away from the stove for room temp to work. Have you tried Room temp 85 deg by chance ? The probe is getting blasted by heat from the stove I suspect and so the board thinks the rest of the house is happy too, it just shuts down the stove when the probe is satisfied like any thermostat does.

Can you hear this sound? Doesn't it sound off

Check out this video on YouTube:

I answered that one already, I said that I can't really tell from the video. It doesn't help that my ears are rather shot !! Recordings never sound like real life to me, so I reserve comment on the sound. But I think someone else stated that it didn't sound normal to them. I just suspect that if I recorded my stove I would hear funny things too. I play piano, acoustic piano and digital. Sometimes digital with mixed instrumental sounds and it's so beautiful live. I'm never happy with recordings unless edited for stray sounds .

Thanks Haha,

It sounds like a grinding of some sort. Really hard to explain. It's the sound when an appliance has power but won't operate or do anything.

All I should really hear is the loud fan and the occasional pellets snap right

Thanks Haha,

It sounds like a grinding of some sort. Really hard to explain. It's the sound when an appliance has power but won't operate or do anything.

All I should really hear is the loud fan and the occasional pellets snap right
I would think so yes, and blowing air of course.

Installer was in, it is a faulty combustion fan. Discussed with him the layout again and leaning towards the xxv now. Deciding if it's worth a grand more now. At least now I know the grinding sound wasn't in my head

Installer was in, it is a faulty combustion fan. Discussed with him the layout again and leaning towards the xxv now. Deciding if it's worth a grand more now. At least now I know the grinding sound wasn't in my head
Makes sense, glad I didn't diagnose your noise from the video because I was predisposition from my experience with the convection fan noise of the P43 in the shop. I just don't trust my ears with video anymore unless it's super clear.

The XXV I can tell you pushes a lot of air and is quieter than a P series stove. Pretty stove, it doesn't radiate as much heat or not as quickly anyway as a P stove, it's heat is by convection blower more so. It's a logical upgrade if to do it. Less radiant heat isn't your problem in that room for sure, it doesn't take a lot to heat that room I imagine but getting the heat beyond the room is the part needing addressed, I presume. In viewing and experiencing XXVs the funnel of heat pushing out is felt quite a ways away from the stove. There is a bit more work involved in the routine cleaning than on a P. I believe it's rated for your house size, I'd have to look it up to be sure but seems to me it was.

The P61 is rated for larger than your house size, not a bad thing but you also would be back to the radiant heat and blower.

Thanks, and you're right it's about moving the heat. Someone said you can buy fans that look like computer fans and put them by openings to circulate heat but I have no clue what they mean.

Thanks, and you're right it's about moving the heat. Someone said you can buy fans that look like computer fans and put them by openings to circulate heat but I have no clue what they mean.
There are also little corner fans you put up in doorways. Triangular shaped they attach up in the corner of the entrance to rooms. I have a couple of clip up fans, might be 6" diameter fans, up. But for me the p61 on high fan does the most in the colder weather. Now I have it on low but its above freezing outside today.

Status
Not open for further replies.