P61 overtemp issue

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably not. Others like I have said, once issue found have had no problem.

Good luck, some cold weather coming for a short while.

Wow this is a strange one, sounds like a runaway stove. I wonder if that outlet has been like that all these 14 years and could be the culprit to all of his problems?

Will probably find out latter. I was about to abort buying my first Harman because someone moved their stove and started having issues only to find out the outlet was improperly wired by using a drop cord to another outlet. When I went to school for Countryside it was suggested to check outlets for proper grounding and polarity. Another reason for getting a better UPS as they have onboard circuit tester to tell if outlet is at issue. Cheap surge suppressor does not offer that and in this case could have saved a couple boards, ESPs etc. A outlet tester is only about $6. The smarter the electronics the more important the power source is to happy appliances.

Will probably find out latter. I was about to abort buying my first Harman because someone moved their stove and started having issues only to find out the outlet was improperly wired by using a drop cord to another outlet. When I went to school for Countryside it was suggested to check outlets for proper grounding and polarity. Another reason for getting a better UPS as they have onboard circuit tester to tell if outlet is at issue. Cheap surge suppressor does not offer that and in this case could have saved a couple boards, ESPs etc. A outlet tester is only about $6. The smarter the electronics the more important the power source is to happy appliances.
Want to give you an update, have electrical problem that I am working on but I ran a new wire from another plug and the stove is working fine. I can't believe that it ran 14 years without a problem, I guess the electrical one is some thing new and will be seeing my electrision today and ask him about it. I can't thank you enough I'm glad you though about the plug, I didn't even think of that.

Reactions: bogieb
Yes I did and that was a waste of money but I still have them, I have found that a switch had gone bad on that same circuit once I replaced it the plug is fine, so much for older homes wiring. Again thank you for your help and Happy Holidays.

Hope you and yours enjoy a safe and warm Holiday

Status
Not open for further replies.