P61a pot overflowing

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Believe the post was by me. Computer supply. Should be available in electrical supply too.Will need to use some solder wick to clean up the board after getting the pot removed. The solder comes in a small tube and is not very expensive as your only buying like half once. The digital iron was spendy but got on sale for like $45 from Radio Shack on sale. Well worth the $$. Was borrowing one all the time. Probably use it now every week to repair something. Hate wire nuts especially in outside applications(trailers).

Wire nutz and calcium chloride don't get along too well...lol

I use Western Union style mechanical (squeeze style splices) that come filled with di-electric grease, not to be confused with the dry, fold over and squeeze piercing style.

The cost or bother of being pulled over for bad lights is worth the little extra effort at home in the shop or driveway. Back off subject again:(

Wire nutz and calcium chloride don't get along too well...lol

I use Western Union style mechanical (squeeze style splices) that come filled with di-electric grease, not to be confused with the dry, fold over and squeeze piercing style.
Wire nuts don't belong on over the road equipment. I used to either solder then heat shrink or more recently I used a sticky tape that came on a roll ( stuck to itself you could just fold it over and twist it up and it was not electrical tape). Or I would use crimp connectors that had dielectric inside and heat shrink casings out side. The best by far was solder though, if exposed. Behind a dash doesn't much matter.

But the OP's pots probably don't need any of this. Speaking of which, has he tried sliding those switches yet, it's going on noon time here ?

I've never heard of the feed rate potentiometer being an issue. The other 2, yes. I would pull out the control board and make sure it isn't all covered in dust making a connection that shouldn't be made. Also, to the OP, when you changed the ESP, was it to attempt to correct this condition? Was the wire color the same on the new one? Make sure your temp probe isn't shorted even though you say it does it in stove temp mode. Unplug it from the stove and see if the condition still exists in stove temp mode.

If you pull the room temp probe your probably going to get a 4 blink code.
Like Bstrong stated about the feed rate pot not being issue usually BUT till a month ago never head about a shorting room temp probe making the control board act totally strange.

Status
Not open for further replies.