P68 Harman room temp blower issues.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Jan 7, 2019
Living Room
I have had my harman p 68 pellet stove since 2016, one winters evening our power went out, to keep my family warm, I chose badly and plugged my pellet stove into a portable generator, and that's when things started bad. The generator surged, and blew the circuit board on my pellet stove. It blew the capacitor next to the transformer and the fuse on the circuit board. I ordered a new board off Amazon from a harman dealership expressed shipped. Got new board fingers crossed all was going to work perfect. Installed new board, and pellet stove ran. Awesome, but then I noticed that the room temperature blower was not blowing at max when turned to max, either on stove temp, room temp, or test run. So again got another circuit board, from the dealer I bought the stove from, tried it and same result, stove fires up, runs, but room blower does not operate at full speed. Checked blower motor voltage supply, when put on high room temp or stove temp, and even on test mode, and supply voltage to motor was max 105 volts. The wall voltage is 120, exchanged between both board, and same results, fan is not getting full voltage for full speed operation. So contacted a harman dealership and they recommended that the blower motor be replaced, that sounds like the culprit. With hesitation I decided to order it, why not have a spare. Tried it, and still no full speed. Well start throwing new parts at it, why not, 2 harman boards and same results, what are the chances of having two bad boards. So replaced room temp probe, because the stove this winter started to run got extremely hot, so hot I could smell the steel baking, surrounding walls were hot. Room blower was on max on potentiometer, but still no max speed, and fuel consumption went through the roof, but temperature of room didnt heat as it did when new. Fan still not running full speed. Got new room temperature sensor, and tried it, now not only the fan speed hasn't gotten faster, but now room temperature drops, and pellet stove won't come to life without pushing on room temp potentiometer, or turning it up. What I mean by pushing on the potentiometer, I just barely put pressure on the knob and the stove comes to life. I have the same issue with either board, have it down to a total of 5 minutes to exchange out the boards. I have ordered a new esp probe red wires, ( also with the boards have verified the #5 dip switch is in correct location). I'm getting the esp probe on Friday, but I'm sure from what I've been reading this won't be the problem. At a loss, please could someone give me an insight or idea, just short of replacing the exhaust fan, the feeder motor and the wiring, I don't know what to do.

Last edited:
Actually the probe may fix it,but I suspect a poor,possibly burned connection.Check(unplug and check) every connection on/in the stove.Remove and clean the ground wires at the screw.Normal place for burned connection is right at the control board.

Actually the probe may fix it,but I suspect a poor,possibly burned connection.Check(unplug and check) every connection on/in the stove.Remove and clean the ground wires at the screw.Normal place for burned connection is right at the control board.
Thanks Bob, I will check all connections for sign of burned connections, and I'll go through the ground wires. I put the old room temp probe back on last night, and the stove is actually maintaining the room temperature. I hope the esp probe will get the distribution blower back to full speed. Ill post updates after I change out the probe. Again thanks for the response and suggestions. When I replace the probe, I will go through the connections.