Pacific Energy

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@ TheOnlyZarathu...what's a SS Olympia pipe insert??? & certified...thanx...I'm excited...as it will take me a few months to put together monies for pipe...amazing how expensive pipe is. I think I do want to go double wall as it will probably only save me 100.00 or so single wall inside anyways? Jeff

Price out pipe via www.dynamitebuys.com (free ship) as well as watch for good deals at local big box stores.

That's cool Begreen...It will if nothing else give me some leverage...thanx

we live in jackson hole..very cold place. WE have heated and cooked with wood since 1975 with many stoves: a round oak. a big avalon, quadrafire and napoleon and recently a Pacific Energy Spectrum classic as well as a kitchen queen cook stove. I would say the PE Spectrum is hands down the winner in the heat category with the small Napoleon about the same. The flues stay clean. The glass stays clean and no smoke after warmup of course. A friend has a Harman built in the last 5 years and hates it for many reasons and would be happy to unload it for 5 bills or so if he can find a sucker. After I made some mods to our Amish built kitchen queen cookstove, it is sensational as a cook stove. IT bakes evenly and heats beautifully but like almost all cookstoves, lacks a good secondary or tertiary burning of the gasses so it does require annual chimney sweeping. The flues over the napoleon and the PE seem to stray clean. PE has my vote as the clear winner.

Reactions: Dave A.
Status
Not open for further replies.