Paint for stove pipe to match Jotul Oslo

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gbailey1972

Feb 20, 2011
Des Moines, IA
I'm about a couple days away from pulling the trigger on a Jotul Oslo with the white finish on it. :) CAN'T WAIT!! Just hoping that we are making the right decision. My question is.....Has anyone had any experience with painting the vent pipe to match the same color as the stove? I've found a couple of reputable sellers of what looks like a nice product. Any input on the paint for the pipe and Jotul Oslo is appreciated.

This is a great website everyone. It's really helped us out to weed out all of the "sales" spin.

Greg

You're going to be hard pressed to get a good matching Ivory paint
that's gonna last on wood stove connector pipe.
Your best bet may be to see if you can get it directly from Jotul.
They sell a gas vent Ivory paint, but I'm not sure about a heat-rated
enamel in a "rattle" can.
The old VC color-matched connector had a
dipped & baked on finish, which was more durable...

Thank you for the feedback. I'm going to contact the vendor that I'm working with to see if Yotul has something that might work.

My wife is really wanting to dress up the stove and turn it into a centerpiece of the room.

Stovebright makes high temp paint in a large number of colors. Northline Express carries it. May be available locally as well.

Another option would be to use double wall stovepipe, and paint it to match. The exterior surface stays a LOT cooler, and even light coloured hi-temp paint wouldn't discolour.

If you do this be careful with the paint selection. Do an inconspicuous test of contact the manufacturer. For example, don't use Stove Brite or any acetone based paint on Simpson DVL pipe. It is incompatible. Krylon High Temp paint is ok for Simpson DVL. (I found this out the hard way.) :-/

BeGreen said:
If you do this be careful with the paint selection. Do an inconspicuous test of contact the manufacturer. For example, don't use Stove Brite or any acetone based paint on Simpson DVL pipe. It is incompatible. Krylon High Temp paint is ok for Simpson DVL. (I found this out the hard way.) :-/

Good point, I never thought of that. :-/

i'm going to warn you right now that any ivory high heat paint even on Double wall will turn a slight pinky hue for the first 24" at least now matter what you do. Stove bright does make a colour that matches well but it's not on the little sample sheet most dealers have. Stove bright has a colour book that's 4"x4" and has all 30+ colours that they make.
As far as i am aware Jotul does not have any paint colour for purchase beside their Iron colour

Status
Not open for further replies.