PE Alderlea T5 vs. HS Heritage/Castleton vs. Jotul Oslo/Castine

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Small recommendation. If possible, bring the stove a bit forward, say 6", from the minimum rear clearances. That will give you some wiggle room to put in a different stove if for example you decide to go to a larger or cat stove later on.

Thanks for the layout drawing. Assuming heat distribution is not a problem I think you will be thrilled with the T5. I am really surprised how well the heat distributes in my house and I don't take any drastic steps to help it out--just one tiny little well-place fan does the trick for us.

Reactions: BlackGreyhounds
I think the T5 is our FINAL choice. The wife went to the Hearth store the other day after work and she really liked it. That was the final test. Too bad it's toward the end of burning season. I would have like to have gotten it up and running this season. Oh well, maybe we can get a deal on the stove/installation in the "off season." (?)

Last edited by a moderator:
I would try haggling a bit over the installation. Late spring/early summer will be the slow season; they may be willing to do a discount.

Congrats on the stove and having the wife approving it. Doing the break-in fires while it is not that cold outside is not a bad idea. You will likely need to open some windows.

Reactions: BlackGreyhounds
Hi Black, Nice choice. The only bad thing I can say about the T5 is its heavy when you are the guy moving it in... Nice easy to burn, nice looking stove too. All the stoves you mentioned were good choices, Good luck with her.

Status
Not open for further replies.