PE door gasket

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rich81

Dec 10, 2006
did an advanced search for this already so..... Can i buy a regular rope gasket kit for my super 27 door or is there some different kind i need to get. sorry if it sounds foolish, i have no clue :)

Just take the old one to a stove shop or hardware store and match it up. Most have the stuff on bulk reels.

Its a 7/8 diameter, i think

the 3/8" rope gasket I used to make my baffle gasket looked really close to size of the door gasket, i actually think it MAY not be critical, as long as you can adjust your door fit. Mine has what looks like a 1" piece of 7/8" covering the section where the two ends meet.

Edit, sorry, just read yours is not a summit or T. Disregard the above

rich81 said:
did an advanced search for this already so..... Can i buy a regular rope gasket kit for my super 27 door or is there some different kind i need to get. sorry if it sounds foolish, i have no clue :)

Yes.

There is nothing special about the Super 27 door or gasket.

Bigg_Redd said:
rich81 said:

Yes.

There is nothing special about the Super 27 door or gasket.

thanks. i called woodmans forge in New Hampshire and they told me to bring the gasket in and they'll match me right up

Status
Not open for further replies.